Thread: Blue is a Russian Blue

Blue is a Russian Blue

Although I have several blue cats in my menagerie, this morning was reading about Russian Blues. I believe that Blue Cat is a Russian blue, because of the shape of her head, her large ears and vivid green eyes. Also, that two (of Cookie's) kittens definitely have the Russian Blue characteristics, with their abnormally long legs, soft silky coat, large ears, and of course, green eyes. That the personalities of these three closely align with the CFA's personality descriptions for this breed of cat. Somehow this escaped my attention concerning the breed without honestly searching over the internet in order to identify them. Also, that the kittens are definitely Russian Blue, not only because of their appearance, and their most soft and silky coat, but their personalities are much different than those of the other kittens, in that either is most affectionate and loyal. They also sleep with me on the bed almost every night, although they are only about 7 weeks old.

............wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 07-14-2002 at 07:17 AM.

RUSSIAN BLOUE

RUSSIAN BLUE CATS ARE SO REGAL AND COOL LOOKING.
    I WOULD LOVE TO RUN MY FINGERS THROUGH THEIR FUR.
    IT LOOKS SO SOFT.
    SANDY FROST

I am not familar with the breed Russian Blue, sounds interesting. Does anyone have a picture of one?

Sandy Frost, Their coats, with its silver tips, is what clinched the factors identifying Czar and Nikoli as Russian Blues. I noticed that they are very affectionate and loyal, more so than any of the other kittens. In fact, my cat-sitting neighbor wanted to take Czar home with her.

lovemymaltese, I do not have a picture of Czar, Nikoli, nor of Czarina, but you can see and learn of "Russian Blues", as well as see pictures, on the internet (Google search engine, or CFA) and catch some information about this breed. Fortunately, all Russian Blues look the same, the only difference is the individual personality of each cat. (BTW, I do not have any books on cats, or their care. Everything I have learned about my pets has been gathered over the internet. As soon as I find a complete guide- book on cats, their breeds, and care, I will definitely purchase it).

..............wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 07-11-2002 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks Wayne. I'll check them out now!

R.BLUE

WAYNE,

I HAVE PLENTY OF CAT BOOKS ON CAT BREEDS. PROBALY NOT AS MANY AS YOU. THANKS FOR THE TIP. OH I KNOW A FRIEND WHO HAS A FRIEND WHO HAS A RISSIAN BLUE,HIS NAME IS BLUE. I THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE HOW
    NEIGHBOR WANTED YOUR CAT. MY SISTER AND I HAVE 3 MALE BENGAL
    CATS.
    THANKS,
    SANDY FROST

That is an interesting looking cat. I love the coat. I found a good website with a picture and information about these cats if anyone else is interested.

http://www.planet-pets.com/russian.htm

I think Bassett is part Russian Blue too.. I have done some reading on the breed as well and she has the right head shape, is EXTREMELY loyal to one person - me, and has the bright green eyes. She also has orange all through her fur so I think she is a cross with something else. The vet calls her a torti.

nomilnn

YOUR CAT SOUNDS WONDERFUL
    AND ANGREAT PERSONILITY.
    SANDY FROST

Thank you very much! One day I'm going to buy a scanner to post pics of my girls.. I have SO many snapshots and no way to share! But Bassett is the kitty in my avatar. And I made a mistake.. her eyes are green around her pupils but they get more yellow farther out. All around her eyes is really dark grey skin, and when she looks up at me through her "eyelashes" she can look spooky; she looks like she's wearking freaky makeup!! But she's a beauty

Most breeds of cat are easy to find pictures of - on Cat of the Day! Hit the searcch button from the Cat of the Day home page, and you'll find lots and lots of cats! 24 come up for Russian, though not all are Russian Blues, but enough to give you a good idea!

My cat Storm is considered a blue cat but I don't think he's a Russian Blue because he's a very large cat. He does have very pretty light green eyes and he's very friendly and loyal. I call him my gray dog because he acts a lot like a dog. Here's a picture of him.

Krazyaboutkatz, I believe that your Storm, is part Russian Blue and possibly some Persian thrown in. I say this because a Russian Blue has short fur and is not normally a large cat. Also that a Blue has silver-tipped fur. Although Storm is a very beautiful cat, and I'm sure that he brings the best of "cat ownership" into your home and life, that the loyalty comes out of his personality. I personally, can think of no other quality of personality within a furkid than loyalty that makes us want to love them more.

.........wayne