Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost our baby today

Unhappy Lost our baby today

We had to take our cat "Baby" to the vet to be put to sleep today. She had cancer and just couldn't stand to watch her suffer. She was a stray that was hanging out by our house. Started to feed her then she just decided to hang around. My wife and I already had our cat "cracker". (short for cracker head). Anyhow, we own at truck and drive team for the department of defense and department of energy. Both of our cats have been on the truck with us for many years. Cracker is 11 years old and Baby was 9. Being with them 24/7 has been a joy for me and my wife. Baby was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago. About 6 months ago she also got diabetes. They say it could have been caused from the meds that was used for her tumor. The last week she was getting worse. We took her into the vet today for a check up and found that she had tumors on her pancreas and liver. So, at 2pm on april 30, 2007 she was laid to rest, free of pain. We miss her terribly but know she is in a better place. Cracker seems to be wondering around trying to find her. I believe he miss's her to. She will be remembered always and will always have a place in our heart. Thanks for letting me ramble. Just feeling lost. It's nice to read all the great post's here. Love to all our animal friends. Rick & Sue
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a beautiful, gentle face Baby has - she is so lovely in that picture.

My condolences to you and Cracker...I know you are giving him lots of extra hugs, and that will help you too.

Baby is at the Rainbow Bridge...healthy and playing. She will watch over you till you meet up again.

{{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rest in peace, Baby. You join a crowd up there at the Rainbow Bridge - now you go find Lucas - he's an extra-furry black guy, and has been there a while, so he'll know all the good spots.

I'm so sorry to hear about Baby's passing. You did the right thing by letting her go so she didn't have to suffer any more from her cancer. Now she's painfree and playing up at Rainbow Bridge. You'll meet again some day. RIP sweet Baby.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Baby is safe and happy now, waiting for you both.

One Fine Day.

RIP sweet Baby. You have fun playing with your new friends at RB (look out for a tortie called CallyPuss). We will help look after your hoomans for you
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I'm sorry to hear you have lost Baby, she looks so sweet on the picture. You will miss her and so will Cracker, but you have made the right decision not to let her suffer anymore. I know she'll always be in your heart.

Rest in Peace, Baby!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    RIP sweet Baby. You had a good, long life with your purrents and now you wait at the Rainbow Bridge until you all can be reunited again.

I'm so sorry your first post on Pet Talk had to be on Baby's passing. I hope you do hang around and get to know us. We can help you walk through your grief. That's how I joined Pet Talk over four years ago when my Goldie had to cross over due to cancer too. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Talking

Baby looks so much like my Scrappy 2, the Tuxedo Cat who came in from the cold.
    I am sorry to hear about Baby , its so sad to lose a Cat at that young an age. 9 is so young.
    And Babys now got her wings and is joining the Pet Angel Army in India, staying at Hotels thats were once Palaces, and dining at banquets.
    And shes starting to mark down places that she and her family will enjoy when they get together again.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Baby. She was indeed lucky to have found you, your wife, and Cracker to make her feel so safe and loved during her time here. Your love obviously continues on in letting her run free at the bridge. Thank you so much for sharing this sweet little girl with us. {{{Cyber-hugs to you and your family.}}}

Baby Update

Thanks to you all for your messages. We took Baby to be cremated today. We will pick her up tomorrow along with her urn. Your heartfelt messages mean alot to me and my wife. While it is still very hard to even talk about Baby without tears we are blessed with people like you who know how we feel. Cracker is wondering around the house. Trying to find Baby I would guess. We are giving cracker alot of xtra love and petting as I know he miss's her also. Again, thank you all. We have to leave out tomorrow for six weeks on our truck. Not having Baby with us will be another challenge for us. I do have a laptop with cingular wi-fi so I will be getting back to the forum as time permits. Thanks to all! Rick, Sue, and Cracker.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Such a beautiful, sweet-looking kitty. How you must miss her. You gave her a wonderful life full of love and warmth and adventure driving truck, with her beloved purrents and best kitty-pal with her right up to the very end, until you all meet again..

Godspeed, Baby, and rest in peace as you look forward to being reunited with your family, One Fine Day.

Our very deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear Baby to you {{{{{Rick, Sue, and Cracker}}}}}.

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm sorry. It's so hard.

We all know this terrible pain so well. I'm very sorry to read about your Baby.

Logan

That sweet, sweet face. I know how hard it is to lose a loved companion. Rest assured she is now out of pain and is healthy and happy playing at the bridge. She'll be able to find my Bear there, he's been there almost a year, and can show her all the good spots. He's a big old tuxie, and oh so sweet.

Rest in peace, Baby. Hugs to your family.