Thread: My kitty is sick!

My kitty is sick!

I sure could use some advice. My 4 year old cat just threw up what looked like mostly food and then fell over with something that looked like a convulsion. It lasted about 5 seconds and then he was up. He appears to be nervous and twitchy but there have been no more spells. Anyone with input? Sure would appreciate it!

Does your cat have a history of having siezurs? (hope thats how you spell it)

Call The Vet!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

History of seizures

No, he doesn't have any health issues, in fact, we just were at the vet to have the anal glands massaged. They thought he was a fine specimen. He seems to be much better now but it was scary to see him just fall over on his side with legs twitching. Only lasted a few seconds and was after vomiting.

I would take him to the vet immediately. Occasional vomiting is one thing but seizures...that is entirely different. If he is having seizures and twitching that is not a good sign. Do you have an emergency hospital that you can call? That might be a good first step.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by lenquiltr
    I sure could use some advice. My 4 year old cat just threw up what looked like mostly food and then fell over with something that looked like a convulsion. It lasted about 5 seconds and then he was up. He appears to be nervous and twitchy but there have been no more spells. Anyone with input? Sure would appreciate it!
    Don't waste time asking questions here - get to a Vet, now!!

Vet says infection caused seizure

Thanks so much to all who were responded to my questions. Cricket is better today after antibiotic injection and oral meds.

Did the vet say what it was that he is treating?? Was it something he ate or something else?? Poor Cricket. Glad the kitty is feeling better.

What the vet said

He had a low grade temp indicating infection, probably from the anal gland procedure the week before. Fever can cause seizures, according to the vet. We are to call if another should occur, and he will be put on anti-seizure medication. I have to say -- squirting that antibiotic into his mouth is quite a project! But within a day he was back playing tag with us! We're SO glad to have him obviously feeling better!

Wonderful news - thanks for the update!!