Thread: HEEEeeeeeeeRE's BOBBY!!

HEEEeeeeeeeRE's BOBBY!!

This is Bobby, the little 8 month old from the TNRM project who couldn't be released. I have had him here at home since Thursday about 9 PM.

He has an equilibrium problem which keeps his head tilted, so when he looks up at you it is SO sweet! This photo was taken shortly after we trapped him, over a week ago. He is looking MUCH better now, with good food, warmth and TLC. He is getting used to being in a house. I have him in the smallest room just now, and I bring him out for 20 to 30 minutes 5 times per day. He needs to get used to being touched and held, and to having a roof over his head rather than the blue sky.

The first night, he flew around the room at least 3 different times. He has been ok since then.

He adores Sparkle, and went over to her this afternoon and rubbed up against her. She was a bit taken aback by this, and eventually hissed. He has no idea what a hiss means, hehe! He just kept rubbing and she finally just left the room.
    Last edited by Freedom; 05-11-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Aaaaaaawwwww!! Patience and lots of touching will bring him around. Whisper to him and blink slowly, which is a sign of trust.

You know you've gotten through when he head buts you. It's the best feeling in the world!!

Welcome Bobby!! You are such a beautiful boy!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

He's adorable and I'm so glad that you were able to adopt him and give him the care that he deserves. I hope that eveything will continue to go well.

Bobby has finally found a home and that will be a great day when he and Sparkle become great friends and we know that Bobby will repay your kidness a million times over for you making him his very special Companion Cat.
    Three Cheers for you and Bobby!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks, everyone.

I forgot to explain about the name. In the TNR thread, I had named him 'Little King.' But Dad felt that was too long, and was calling him 'King.' Except that I think of 'King' as a dog name.

So the evening he arrived, Dad and I went through a variety of options and decided to call him Bobby.

Aww! His head tilt reminds me of one of my rats with a neurological problem. SO cute!
    I'm glad to hear he's adjusting well, and thanks for helping this guy out. I know he certainly is thankful for it!

Geez...another save.Thanks to you and your dad.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

St.Francis smiles...
    Nine is Fine!!

Freedom...Medusa said earlier that his ear problem might be a polyp, causing his head to tilt. When he's a little more settled, are you having that checked?

Or did the vet have a really good look and find it was something else?

He is totally CUTE! That incident with Sparkle must have been very funny.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty1, and Mary (Medusa), yes the TNR vet checked his ears out for me. Didn't see a thing that shouldn't be in there and he didn't charge me for that extra peek.

He really feels it is from an ear infection which didn't get treated, and is causing imbalance.

For the next month, I am just to work on socilaizing Bobby and getting him stronger. Gee this boy can EAT! Last night (3rd night here), he ate half a 5 ounce can of a/d, half a 5 ounce can of chicken & tuna in gravy, PLUS half a cup of kibble! So I'm NOT worried about his appetite.

Could he have cerebellar hypoplasia (CH)? Does he twitch/tremor/wobble when he walks, or does he just have the head tilt? I had a foster, Buddy, which had a head tilt which may have been from an injury. Precious angel Diva was a CH kitty.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Hey Smokey, thanks for thinking of Bobby. Nope he doesn't have any other issues. He can dash around with the best of them, no trouble motoring at all. He jumps on to the cat tree, jumps down, doesn't lose his footing, just keeps going. His first night here, he was all over the room, which is typical of a feral who is brought indoors. So that bit I've seen first hand.

The only other thing which is a possible, the head tilt MAY give him difficulty drinking water. Since he is still shy, none of us has seen him eat and drink. The vet suggested giving him some canned food regularly until I can see if he is able to drink OK.

He was dehydrated when we trapped him, and had to have IV fluids to boost him up. But we had been withholding food for all of the colony for 3 days except for the bait in the trap. So we don't know for sure how that developed.

Before we started trapping, he was out there doing the rough and tumble with all his littermates.

He's adorable and I'm so happy you were able to adopt him! You could've called him Elvis since he was the King! He's in good hands now!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

What an adorable little blackie!! Bobby is a very lucky boy now!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Bobby is gorgeous and I can't wait to see more pics of him in his new home when he's settled!