Thread: Newest stray cat from my porch... update on others

Newest stray cat from my porch... update on others

Well, I was outside on Saturday night talking with a friend and up runs a a gorgeous medium long haired orange kitty! This is not a neighborhood stray. I have never ever seen her before, and I know the strays from the area. She is stunning to say the least!

I've looked all over the place around here to see if there are any "LOST CAT" posters up, but there's nothing. I can't believe that she is not someone's cat!

I did take her to the vet yesterday, and she's tested negative for FIV and FeLV, which is great. What is not so great is that she is "WITH KITTEN". Sigh... we do not need more kittens without homes in this area. So, tomorrow Autumn (which is her coloring, either that or Sunset) is going to a TNR clinic that my vet runs and is being spayed and having an "abortion". I just can't rationalize bringing more kittens into this world right now. The vet said she's about 3-4 weeks along. So, maybe the people knew this and threw her out. I dunno.

I'm hoping that after the spay and all her shots I can get her into PetSmart or somewhere if she is tame enough. She's very wriggly and doesn't really want to stay still. She's very vocal and meows at me whenever she hears me pass by her door. Right now she's sharing the room with Calloway. I felt safe putting him back in there since she tested negative.

Calloway is doing well too, although he had to go back to the vet about his tail. The bite wound broke open again and was all infected looking. So now he is on Clindimycin (or how ever it's spelled), and I have to put betadine on his tail where it's icky. He's not happy with me and doesn't like being in that room all the time, but when I let him out he disappears and hides for 2-3 days!!! I think that's why his tail got bad again, cause he was always under something and the wound got irritated.

My sweet sweet Monty, my hugger, got adopted on Monday night!!! I'm so happy!! A little old lady adopted him and he's so happy. He was so scared when we were leaving though, and he peed all over in the carrier. I felt so bad because he looked at me like "What did I do wrong??? I was being a good boy, why are you getting rid of me?!" He was so sad looking. But after we got to he woman's house and he got to roam around and then sat on the woman's lap and got pets and rubs and a lot of scratchies by the ears, he was in HEAVEN!!! I think he'll be just fine! I checked in on him, and the woman said he just loves to sleep in her lap, and he'll sleep by the foot of her bed. I'm so glad for him. He deserves to be happy and pampered.

OOps!! Forgot the pics!!

How could someone NOT want this girl or miss her now that she's not there?!

She's so beautiful! I'd take her in a heartbeat. (my husband on the other hand... would not.)

Congrats on Monty getting a new home. I hope he's going to be happy there.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

She is beautiful, and I have always wanted a long rusty orange kitty
    BUT the deal is a 3 for 1 special.... you take 3... I take one, lol

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties
    She is beautiful, and I have always wanted a long rusty orange kitty
    BUT the deal is a 3 for 1 special.... you take 3... I take one, lol
    HEY! Wait a minute! How is that fair?!

Hrm.... guess I'll have to find another option for her... sigh. Guess I'll just have to keep her till I find her a home. That will just be torture!!

You will have absolutely NO problem finding her a loving home. She really is pretty.

Dr.Lehr told me not to long ago, that if he could find a orange girl kitty, he would adopt it. Want me to ask him if he would consider it for you?

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

She's gorgeous and should have no problems finding a new home. I'm so glad to hear that Monty found his new loving forever home.

Theresa is still out there and there another stray Cat Charles the Tabby.
    And I think theres at least one more stray out there in the yard as the food trays out there are always empty.
    Theres two food trays out there and I fill them twice a day and there are always empty.I dont like to see anybody go hungry.

Michael and Miquelito want to Thank You Purrsonally for helping that Orangie.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties
    You will have absolutely NO problem finding her a loving home. She really is pretty.

Dr.Lehr told me not to long ago, that if he could find a orange girl kitty, he would adopt it. Want me to ask him if he would consider it for you?
    Sure, why not?!

She's recuperating right now after her spay. I had her in her carrier for quite a while because she was so wobbly from the anesthetic. She's walking around very slowly in her room, but looks good. The vet did an amazing job. Spay, abortion of kittens, and her vaccinations cost me only $45.00 total.
    It's amazing when you think of how much they charge you at the office when the same vet will do it that cheap at a clinic that they run.

I agree that abort and spay is necessary is some cases and this seems to be one. And now that she IS spayed, that cycle has been stopped.

Kym screen name Dr. Goodnow is also looking for an orangie, I'll send her a PM to check this thread!

Sandie

Cool!! I'm sure she'd love to be part of that huge household of cats, lol.

I've been calling her Autumn, but I'm still not really satisfied with her name. Autumn seems too plain a name for her.

Oh! She looks so much like my Weezie! Autumn is is darker though; if she were lighter colored, I'd think you'd borrowed my cat (Only Weezie had the "operation" years ago and if she ever comes up 'with kitten' my vet will have some explaining to do!)

PS: Can you see the evil glint in Weezie's eye? I love my bad girl
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

That orangie is a stunner! How about Fuega for a name (feminine Spanish for "fire").
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb