View Poll Results: Do you have a fenced in yard for your dogs to run in?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish I did though

4 7.55%
  • No, No need for one.

3 5.66%
  • Yes, but it doesn't securely hold my dogs.

3 5.66%
  • Yes, and it's holds my dogs fine.

40 75.47%
  • Other(please specify)

3 5.66%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fenced yard?

I picked other and here is why...

Ok so we had a fence put in the yard for the dogs its secure and everything there is just one problem...

THEY WONT GO IN IT they rather go on the deck where they did as puppies (before we were able to get the fence) And so we just have a section of our yard on one side of our house fenced in with no one to go in it lol!

Our yard is fully fenced and escape proof, i would not have it any other way.

I voted Yes, though we technically don't have ours up yet. We will within the next month! Around here it takes forever to get a bussiness to do it for you.
    But I already know that a chainlink fence holds all three of our dogs well, as we have taken them to our neighbor's fence to play.
    I can't wait until we have a fence of our own^^.

The neighbors to one side and the back have wooden privacy fences. Our yard is therefore partially fenced. Autumn stays in the yard for the most part, unless visiting Murphy next door or her brother two houses down. The new pup will need a tie out and we may set up some temporary fencing to cover the part that isn't covered by the neighbors fences.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

My back yard is fenced in. The dogs are never allowed in the front yard off-leash (people drive like maniacs down our street). However, especially with a pair of determined little beagles, I would never consider any fence escape-proof!

I only wish I had a fenced yard .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Yes, with huskies its a must. I wouldn't live in a house unless the yard was fully fenced.

Yes, and I voted other, because even though our yard is COMPLETELY fenced in (we even put a gate across the driveway) it holds 4 of the 5 dogs. Mr. Jack the Houdini can jump the fence, climb the fence or squeeze himself under the fence.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

We fenced in the back yard for Sugar. She loves and lately doesn't like leaving to walk around the house with me!

We had to fence as we have coyotes and a 12 pound dog is dinner (or breakfast).

We really are glad to have it for the 6:30 AM squirrel patrol trips. One of us can let her out and not have to worry about getting dressed, putting on shoes, and such. Sometimes, she even has to do business on those early trips.

I have a six foot high wooden fence all around my back yard and a chain link divider. The dogs have their side and I have mine. Unfortunately, they both look awful

Samson used to be able to jump the fence, but he's gotten too old and comfortable to bother. And Bella tries to dig under, but I've buried fencing underneath so she gets nowhere.

I like knowing that they are safe from intruders as well as from escapes.