Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Vick INDICTED!

It strange how convicted felons get religion once the hammer drops. I was very disappointed that the Falcons said they want
    to wait & see about having to cut him from the team. That should have been
    their first move on conviction.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    It strange how convicted felons get religion once the hammer drops. I was very disappointed that the Falcons said they want
    to wait & see about having to cut him from the team. That should have been
    their first move on conviction.

If they cancel the contract they have no way to get the money back from the contract that Vick will default on because of the case.

If Vick don't play, he violates his part of the deal.

-----------------

This thought comes from a letter I say in the local fishwrap.

Let vick play!

Any "underperformance" by Vick in a game will be dealt with in the same manner he treated those dogs.

I liked what this guy had to say about muzzling Vick & his view of Vick's
    use of the word immature as an excuse for his behavior.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am sad about this whole situation. I think it is sad that Michael Vick let down so many people. From my understanding, after becomming filthy rich he stayed in touch with his old friends from a bad area and they were the ones running the dog fighting ring. If thats how it happened, i'm disappointed he wasn't able to know right from wrong.

I'm sad that a professional NFL athlete is once again being sent to prison. It makes the league look bad. I'm sad dogs are used like this. I know for sure there are amateur dog fights every night in this country. Not all sponsored by millionaires, but definitely small ones run by small time street gangs. Its a shame.

http://www.ceosmack.com/2007/08/27/a...million-bonus/

It's all about the Benjamin's, don't you know?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    http://www.ceosmack.com/2007/08/27/a...million-bonus/

It's all about the Benjamin's, don't you know?

You have to remember that Blank invested more than 100 mil on Vick.

This sounds stupid but a contract is a promise that you will perform a service for the person that invests in you.

Vick signed a contract saying that he would play for the Falcons for the time of the contract. There are conditions in that contract that he must abide by.

For example.

You get a contractor to roof your house and pay him a deposit.

Your roof is stripped and he splits without finishing the job.

Football isn't a roofing job, but you do expect a contract to be honored.

Dead president run the world!
    ----------------

Stephen A. Smith, a sports writer who is black, made a comment about how Vick will get screwed because he is being tried in Virginia....

When another commentator asked him is his comments were race based, he said, "Yes."

Then he said he never mentioned race.

------------

If you listen to more than the 'news' you'll see that Vick's dad told him to cool it, then suggested if he was to continue, that he get a property in someone else's name to deflect any blame should his DFing be found out.
    Also there are reports that when he was still in college, his goal was to get a place where he could raise and fight dogs.

All this was reported on ESPN radio.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

cartoon ... king of mean

Last edited by cassiesmom; 08-28-2007 at 06:48 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I liked this editorial comment on Vick too.

How about never?

August 28, 2007

The National Football League has seen its share of bad behavior over the years. Paul Hornung and Alex Karras were suspended in 1963 for betting on games. Rae Carruth was found guilty in 2001 of conspiring to kill his girlfriend.

Tank Johnson's former neighbors in Gurnee have had more peace since the one-time Chicago Bear pleaded guilty to a weapons charge. Police raided his home and took two assault-style rifles, a .50-caliber handgun, three other guns and more than 500 rounds of ammunition.

O.J. Simpson, well, let's just note that he was retired from the NFL long before he took to racing Ford Broncos on California freeways.

And now there's Michael Vick, the Atlanta Falcons quarterback who formally pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge. Vick apologized on Monday ... for everything and anything, it seemed. "First I want to apologize for all the things that I've done and that I have allowed to happen," he said.

Pretty sweeping, as mea culpas go. So maybe that was intended to cover the time last year when he gave the hometown Atlanta fans the finger when they booed him. Maybe it included the mysterious water bottle with a hidden compartment that was taken from Vick at Miami International Airport in January. They could fall under "all the things ..."

Aside from the vile operation of a dogfighting business, the thing that might come back to haunt Vick the most is that he lied when NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell asked him in April if there were any truth to the allegations. No, he told Goodell. "I love dogs." Now he admits that he lied to Goodell.

Vick faces 1 to 5 years in prison. He will be sentenced on Dec. 10. Already there is speculation about when he might return to professional football. How about never?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think his apology was heartfelt.

Bull crap.

Are sports reporters that stupid to believe that Vick's apology sans scripted words was heartfelt?

He lied to the NFL commish, Falcon's owner and the court without a script, so what makes you think he was telling the truth this time?

For me, the only difference between a 'scripted' and 'heartfelt' apology is I'd need the my glasses to read the BS that I wrote down.

I'll start to believe his sorry arse when I hear he has donated some time to a shelter, a few bucks and shows up in church-without a camera crew in tow, and even then I'd have a hard time swallowing that.

--------------------

Charles Barkley, former NBA player and current announcer for the Turner Network did criticize Vick for his problems.

Kudos to the "Round Mound of Rebound" - Usually he is on the side of the athletes and always has had a barbed tongue. I never liked him before, but now I have to say that I admire him for his stance on Vick!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

When I saw Vick give his statement, I could not get over how flat his affect was!!! No emotion at all!!! Eyes empty!!! Words empty!!! You tend to notice things like this after you have worked on a psyck unit....
    Nine is Fine!!

I think the only reason the bastard is sorry is because he got caught.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    I agree!

I hope he never plays football again. I think he should do a MASSIVE amount of community service working with animal shelters and give an equally massive donation to a good dog rescue program. Just like Tank Johnson he tried to hide behind the "I'm young and I can't handle my wealth and fame" defense.

Edited to add: I just had a thought - I vote we have him neutered. With no anesthesia.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 08-28-2007 at 06:48 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

MV cancelled a talk show appearance today.

His handlers thought that it was a bad idea.

---------

On another sports talk show it was suggested that MV should get on the Oprah show, "sit on the couch, cry and ask for forgiveness".

Wanna bet that it comes to pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    I agree 100%!!

I want to hear him say "I'm sorry for killing those dogs and sending countless others to their death in the fighting pit"

But that will never happen because the low life worthless piece of CRAP isn't sorry and if he knew he wouldn't be caught, he'd do it again!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome