Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick INDICTED!

The "Canary" prepares to **SING**!

Vick co-defendant pleads guilty to dogfighting ...

Taylor, 34, says he wasn't promised lighter sentence in exchange for plea.

By the Associated Press via MSNBC.com
    RICHMOND, Va. - One of Michael Vick’s co-defendants pleaded guilty Monday to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges in a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Tony Taylor, 34, who will be sentenced Dec. 14, said he was not promised any specific sentence in return for his cooperation with the government.

Taylor faces a maximum of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but likely will get less under federal sentencing guidelines. The guideline range will be determined by court officials, and U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson can depart from that range if he finds aggravating or mitigating circumstances.
    ------------------------------------------

I'll bet he Luvz ya, Mickey!

Can ya Feel the Love?

The Other Side of the story ...

'Hopefully I'll see y'all again,' Vick tells fans ...

QB gives first interview since being indicted for dogfighting on July 17

Monday, July 30, 2007

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, fighting felony dogfighting charges, thanked the fans who have stuck by his side during the legal ordeal in a radio interview on WVEE-FM Monday, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

"Hopefully I'll see y'all again," Vick said in a taped interview with host Porsche Foxx, who added that she was advised by Vick's legal team not to ask questions about his case. "It remains to be seen, but that's what I'm working on...

Read the rest of the story on MSNBC.com >>>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20039188/from/RS.1/

Dear Mike,

My mom has a joke about crime and criminals.

It goes, "If you are going to do something illegal, It's best to do it alone."

SUCKER!

what a schmuck vick is. and i hope the fed pen is equally bad for him. this is from cnn....Vick is really between a rock and a hard place here, because most dogfighting cases end in plea bargains that keep the defendants out of jail, they get them probation. And in normal circumstances certainly I would imagine Vick's lawyers would be looking for that kind of deal.

However Vick is not just concerned about his criminal exposure, he has to deal with his football career. How can he plead guilty and preserve his football career? Does he go to trial in a case that's going to be probably very difficult to defend? Or does he plea and try to salvage some kind of football career? Or does he go to trial and get convicted and have the worst of all possibilities?
    and the cries of dog killer every time he suits up.....
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

another Michael Vick editorial cartoon

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It's time to buy some new chew toys for my dogs.

http://www.vickdogchewtoy.com/
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

SCLC will not honor VICK this year as planned. No honor for Vick sounds
    right to me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory...ber=2&MSNHPHMA
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

this is from fox sports, and is my cut and pasting. as i read the article it seems to me that there is a quiet out of sight battle for support. it seems, also, that vicks and his defense team are doing everything they can, and it's not working all that well. ...There is no award, there is no honor for Mike Vick," SCLC spokesman David Stokes said"... "SCLC President Charles Steele said...The SCLC had reached out to Vick through his mother to invite him to the convention. The group was told he cannot travel outside of Virginia, where he has pleaded not guilty to charges of sponsoring a dogfighting operation....Steele had said his group was "in support of Michael as a human being. ... Right now, he's feeling discarded, ostracized by people who are rushing to judgment. It's our responsibility to save him."

"State Rep. Tyrone Brooks of Atlanta, once an aide to Martin Luther King Jr. in the SCLC, said he told Steele last week that the Vick case was a distraction...."I just don't think it should be discussed at the convention or as part of the black agenda," Brooks said when reached on his cell phone Tuesday. "I'm not trying to make it an issue. I just don't think it ought to be out there."...Instead, Brooks said, the SCLC should concentrate on such issues as violence and the incarceration of young black people across the country...."To talk about a superstar athlete who's got millions and millions in the bank, with the resources available to put together a defense team ... we're mixing up our priorities to the extent that it causes confusion," he said....end quotes here

confusion indeed. SCLC does have more things and better things to do, in my opinion as a previous financial supporter
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

THREE Down ... Only Mikey to go ... Feelin "Left Out", Mikey?

Wonder when he'll catch on?

Two Vick co-defendants set for plea agreements
    Peace, Phillips to appear in court this week in federal dogfighting case ...

Updated: 6:33 p.m. ET Aug. 13, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. - The two remaining co-defendants in Michael Vick’s federal dogfighting case on Monday scheduled hearings to enter plea agreements.

Purnell Peace is set to appear in federal court in Richmond on Thursday and Quanis Phillips on Friday.

Last month, another original co-defendant, Tony Taylor, pleaded guilty to his role in a dogfighting conspiracy he says was financed almost entirely by the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

Rest of the Story at >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20253462/

*BLINK* The lighbulb comes on

Vick contemplating plea deal, report says ...

MSNBC News Services on Monday, August 13, 2007

With the two remaining co-defendants in Michael Vick’s federal dogfighting case scheduling hearings to enter plea agreements, the controversial Atlanta Falcons quarterback reportedly was weighing his options Monday concerning a plea bargain.
    Two of Vick's attorneys, Larry Woodward and Billy Martin, met with federal prosecutor Michael Gill and the investigators on Monday afternoon, ESPN reported Monday. The attorneys planned to speak with the quarterback in the evening to see what direction he wants to go in, ESPN reported.

A source close to the investigation told ESPN that Vick has until Friday to make up his mind whether to accept a plea agreement. Otherwise a superseding indictment will be filed and Vick will face at least two more federal dogfighting charges.

Hmmmm, how about $100 million in donations to animal welfare groups and a year in jail for every dog corpse found on his property?

That sound like a fair plea deal?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

A real friend will help you bury the body.

Then rat you out for a lesser sentence!

from espn today

What's next? Can it get any worse for Vick?
    Yes, it could get worse in a hurry. The federal prosecutors in Richmond are preparing a new set of charges, known in legal terms as a superseding indictment. The new charges could come any day. The new charges might include a racketeering allegation under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (known as RICO). RICO originally was designed as a weapon against organized-crime hoodlums but has been used frequently in other prosecutions. A charge under RICO would make Vick's situation significantly worse. It would make the government's case against him easier to prove, and it would increase the prison sentence Vick would face if convicted.
    hurray!(mine, not from espn)
    Last edited by joycenalex; 08-14-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    What's next? Can it get any worse for Vick?
    Yes, it could get worse in a hurry. The federal prosecutors in Richmond are preparing a new set of charges, known in legal terms as a superseding indictment. The new charges could come any day. The new charges might include a racketeering allegation under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (known as RICO). RICO originally was designed as a weapon against organized-crime hoodlums but has been used frequently in other prosecutions. A charge under RICO would make Vick's situation significantly worse. It would make the government's case against him easier to prove, and it would increase the prison sentence Vick would face if convicted.
    hurray!

This was hinted at from the beginning & I'm so glad these investigaters
    managed to amass so much damaging evidence in this case.Most dogfighters
    hide in the shadows of society, but this Vick case was so blatant.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just In....

Vick's looking for a deal - Guilty and one year in the pokey.

Now I want to hear all the 'pundits' talk about his innocence.

Wah, Wah, Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!