Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Vick INDICTED!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Frankly, the NAACP lost what teeny, tiny shred of respect that they had, when they backed, and continue to back, Vick.

This is racially motivated? The ONLY thing this is is inhumane, and that cuts across all racial lines.

If I were AA, I would be ashamed of anyone claiming this was cultural, racial, etc.

Whoa....I didn't hear that the NAACP was backing Vick! I admit I haven't been keeping up with this thread the whole, so maybe I missed that somewhere. I was already sick about what was going on.....but for the NAACP to back him?? Racially motivated?? Do they really have nothing else better to do with their time??

nfl acts.....

from nfl.com, today .... Vick suspended indefinitely

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."

» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."

» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    Phred, it might have something to do with the VA da going forward with their case.
    from lester munson at espn.com,The local prosecutor in Surry County, Va., where Vick built his dogfighting compound, says he will now take action against Vick. What can he do to Vick that the federal authorities haven't already done?

Gerald Poindexter, the local prosecutor, can huff and puff and seek attention, but that's about it. Vick need not worry much about Poindexter. The federal authorities have the seven witnesses, the financial records, the e-mails and all the other evidence. Poindexter can charge Vick with dogfighting under a Virginia law that makes it a felony, but any punishment the player might serve on that charge would be done at the same time Vick is serving his federal sentence. Poindexter appears to be a bit embarrassed that the feds took over an investigation that he had started, and so whatever action he ultimately takes might be motivated, at least in part, by a desire to save face.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

The prison sentences would have to be served concurrently, but if the VA prosecutor can get jail time over and above that brought by the federal court system he would have to serve that time out. (for example, Vick gets 12 months from the feds in his plea deal, but gets convicted by VA and gets a term of 36 months, he still has 24 months to serve on his state conviction when released from fed prison)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

so LH is this specific mention from the nfl a hint to the Va DA to go for 24-48 months? this would keep vick from coming back to the NFL any time soon?

Regardless of what the VA DA does, I doubt you'll be seeing Vick in an NFL uni anytime soon, probably never again.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

A link to Vick's "statement of facts"....riiiigggghhttt

link

This statement of facts makes me ill. I hope they get all the folks involved in this mess. I feel so sick to my stomach. What pond scum.

Interesting article from the sports world. seems this plea is open to
    interpretation depending on who reads it.Vick's lawyers tryed to distance
    Vick from the gambling charges which could bring a 5yr sentence in federal
    prison & get a lifetime ban from the NFL.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...lea/index.html
    Last edited by lizbud; 08-24-2007 at 07:08 PM.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Goodell's letter to Vick.....

I don't think this piece of pond scum will be back.....

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/...vickletter.pdf

Good letter, Mr. Goodell!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    Goodell's letter to Vick.....

I don't think this piece of pond scum will be back.....

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/...vickletter.pdf
    /cheer!!!

facebook

Been following along on this.... that letter shows that someone in authority actually has a heart for animals. Yeah!

I was appalled when I heard that some people were actually claiming Vick's conduct was because in the culture he grew up in, dogfighting is acceptable. If so, then shame on everyone he grew up with. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Been following along on this.... that letter shows that someone in authority actually has a heart for animals. Yeah!

I was appalled when I heard that some people were actually claiming Vick's conduct was because in the culture he grew up in, dogfighting is acceptable. If so, then shame on everyone he grew up with. Disgusting.
    Actually, his father tried to talk him out of dog-fighting years ago, allegedly.

I am glad the NFL has suspended him "indefinitely" and that his team may be able to get some of the money back.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/24...ick/index.html

That's not quite what Vick's father said.......

Michael Vick's father said he pushed his son to quit dogfighting years ago or, at least, put property used for the fights in the name of friends to avoid being implicated some day.
    Story about Vick's dad

I am wondering if he was into dog fighting when he played college football. Whatever happens to him, he still has a much HIGHER AUTHORITY to answer to...and I think that will be far worse punishment for eternity. Just look at his eyes, no soul shows, just like the nurse Cullen that killed people at the hospital where I work. Once a psychopath, always a psychopath...
    Nine is Fine!!