I think I speak for all Pit Bull lovers by saying, "thanks morons for
    sullying a substantial animal's rep via dog fighting." Why don't you
    Darwinian holdovers get another hobby, huh ladies? I've got something
    you
    could do. Since you like doing radical stuff ... how about bungee
    jumping
    without the bungee? Or base jumping without a 'chute? Or trying to
    catch
    bullets with your teeth? Yeah ... that's it.

Of the many things that suck about Vick's and his vapid gang's Pit Bull

fighting, one particular thing (aside from the obvious abuse) that
    ticks me
    off is this noble breed gets officially branded, once again, as Satan's

Cerberus.

Read on at...

http://townhall.com/Columnists/DougG...d_stupid_fools
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staci, fantastic article, I love it. Thanks to you for posting the link.
    I wish that could be reprinted in every paper in the USA.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

ANd here's a link - sorry if this is posted already - I didn't read the entire thread....

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/...nd8ui82yd3txm7

Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Update......

Vick has been banned from training camp by the NFL pending their review of the case.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

the key seems to be the nfls' instructions to the falcons not to do anything until the nfl is done. could this mean the nfl is prepared to 'overlook' his in ditement? ..from msnbc.. Michael Vick was ordered by commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday to stay away from the Atlanta Falcons’ training camp until the league reviews the dogfighting charges against him.

“While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy,” Goodell said in a letter to the quarterback.

The NFL said Vick would still get his preseason pay and Goodell told the Falcons to withhold any disciplinary action of their own until the league’s review was completed
    Gooddell told Vick the league would complete its review as quickly as possible and that he expected full cooperation.

The Falcons open camp on Thursday, the same day Vick is scheduled to be arraigned in Richmond, Va., on charges of sponsoring a dogfighting operation.

Vick, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2001 draft, last season became the first quarterback ever to rush for more than 1,000 yards.

After his indictment last week, the NFL’s position was that it would monitor developments and allow the legal process to “determine the facts.”

Since then, pressure has been mounting on the league and the Falcons, particularly from animal-rights groups.

PETA — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals — demonstrated at Falcons’ headquarters in Flowery Branch, Ga., on Monday and did the same outside NFL offices in New York last week. At the same time, Goodell was meeting with officials from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The league and the ASPCA are working on a program to educate players about the proper treatment of animals.

Activists also put pressure on companies that have endorsements deals with Vick to sever their ties. Nike said it would not release a fifth signature shoe, the Air Zoom Vick V, this summer. Nike spokesman Dean Stoyer said the four shoe products and three shirts that currently bear Vick’s name will remain in stores.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Banning him from training camp but telling the Falcons to pay him= the commish getting harsh with Vick. As he is getting paid, there is absolutely NOTHING the player's union can do.

The league telling the team not to take any action is probably due to financial concern for the Falcons on the part of the league. If the Falcons do anything unilaterally, like cut Vick, they still have a salary cap hit against them for Vick's salary. If the league suspends him, however, the Falcons would probably get the cap room back.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Beaverton Oregon Protesters Picket Nike.

http://www.katu.com/news/8631477.html

BEAVERTON, Ore. – The Oregon Humane Society protested outside of Nike world headquarters in Oregon Friday, hoping to convince the Beaverton-based company to drop its sponsorship of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

Vick was indicted Tuesday for his alleged participation in illegal dog fighting and faces charges of animal cruelty.

Since the allegations surfaced, Nike has decided to suspend next month’s scheduled release of its ‘Zoom Vick Five’ shoe.

Around two dozen protest organizers from as far as Seattle gathered to demonstrate outside Nike's headquarters in Beaverton.

One man wearing a pair of Nike athletic shoes said it was going to be the last pair he buys unless Nike severs ties with Vick. Others held signs, many of them showing the gruesome injuries dogs incur from fighting.

While the case brings to mind the dog abuse charges brought against former Trail Blazer Qyntel Woods in 2005, the protests against Vick have intensified after details were released that indicated some of Vick's dogs were tortured or executed.

The Humane Society has said it wants Nike to go further than a postponed shoe release, but Nike said it will neither sever its multi-million dollar endorsement deal with Vick nor recall any merchandise connected with the Falcon’s football star.

Vick's dogs have sometimes appeared in Nike commercials

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10239

The latest news. I hope PETA is not the only reason for the NFL making him sit. I hope.

No, the NFL has been getting lambasted by pet owners, HSUS, ASPCA, pretty much the whole spectrum.

Peta( ) is just the most visible piece.

related humor from today's on line Chicago Tribune ...
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/...7/31397500.jpg
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by crow_noir
    The Humane Society has said it wants Nike to go further than a postponed shoe release, but Nike said it will neither sever its multi-million dollar endorsement deal with Vick nor recall any merchandise connected with the Falcon’s football star.

LOL, when Kobe Bryant 'raped' the gal in CO they practically ran from him.
    I guess killing dogs is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by crow_noir
    Since the allegations surfaced, Nike has decided to suspend next month’s scheduled release of its ‘Zoom Vick Five’ shoe.

The protests against Vick have intensified after details were released that indicated some of Vick's dogs were tortured or executed.

I wonder why Nike is taking this position? What would they gain, and what would Vick gain?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I was reading the Hartford Courant this morning and came upon a letter written by one stupid, idiotic pet owner, regarding Michael Vicks being charged. I tried to find it online but it wasn't there. So, I'm typing it word for word from the newspaper.

I feel VERY badly for any animal that is in this jerk's care...

"Dogs Have No Rights"

Michael Vicks should not be charged with anything. Animals have no rights.

I have never seend any reference in any of our Founding Fathers' documents that indicated that all men and animals are created equal.

To put animals on as par with humans from a legal perspective degrates the worth of humanity.

As it is, legal resources are stretched thin dealing with real crimes. To waste law enforcement and court time on proceduting an animal rights violation is absurd.

I have had animals for years and have spent substantial amount of money on their health and well-being. I have done this by choise because I own them and have taken the responsibility to care for them.

Because I am the owner, I also believe I have the option to do anything I want with them - even kill them, like animal shelters do everyday.

Jon F. Connors Sr.
    Colchester, CT

The letter infuriated me. The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

my guess is lots and lots of money. the nike lawyers are likely looking for a way to end the contract and vicks' lawyers are looking for ways to force nike to pay off. cynical i know, but that's my guess.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Animal fighting affects people also

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    --snipped for space--
    From the Hartford Courant:
    Because I am the owner, I also believe I have the option to do anything I want with them - even kill them, like animal shelters do everyday.
    Jon F. Connors Sr.
    Colchester, CT
    What he doesn't understand (obviously) is that animal fighting is more than just a cruelty to animals issue - it is a people issue also. My rescue is part of an alliance of animal rescues and shelters in the area. We recently sent out a press release about this very issue and how it relates to the people in the community. If your interested in reading it - here is the link:

http://aawny.org/index.php?option=co...ask=view&id=29