Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick INDICTED!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    I wonder why Nike is taking this position? What would they gain, and what would Vick gain?

The Humane Society has said it wants Nike to go further than a postponed shoe release, but Nike said it will neither sever its multi-million dollar endorsement deal...

Its ALL about the money with Nike and Vick.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I was reading an article on Vick, I wish I would have saved it. Anyway, he was quoted saying this, "Everybody still gonna love me"! In his dreams everybody still gonna love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit

Vick was quoted saying this,
    "Everybody still gonna love me ..."!
    Yupper ... he just didn't finish the sentence ...

"Everybody still gonna love me Going to JAIL!"

I pray he rots for what he has done. Those poor dogs. This is why Pit Bulls have such bad reps and are immediately put down when brought to shelters. If only we can change things for them.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Yupper ... he just didn't finish the sentence ...

"Everybody still gonna love me Going to JAIL!"

in particular those inmates who had/loved a dog, they will be real happy.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

can you imagine the "dogkiller ' chants when the falcons go anywhere? the protests? they are gonna have to do something and soon
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    in particular those inmates who had/loved a dog, they will be real happy.
    or the ones that participate in the Prison programs where they train the dogs for adoption...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

vick will probably miss the season but i'm sure he'll play again...but until then:

na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey. good bye!

CA PT meetup? :D

Minor League Baseball Teams Joins Protest Over Vick.

http://itchmo.com/read/minor-league-...0724#more-1836

The Long Beach Armada, a Golden Baseball League team, is taking part of the fight against Michael Vick.

This Sunday, July 29, the team will be hosting the first ever Michael Vick Awareness Day. Baseball fans are invited to bring their dogs to the game and sit and watch in a special section.

Also, the Long Beach Armada will destroy all Michael Vick jerseys in protest to the inhumane treatment of animals. Any fan who trades in a Michael Vick t-shirt or jersey at the box office will receive free admission to the game and a donation in their name will be made to Justin Rudd’s Community Action Team ( C.A.T.), a 501c3 nonprofit that provides educational outreach and events to help inspire a better understanding of dogs, encourage responsible ownership practices, and offer practical adoption and rescue opportunities.

From press release:

Special events to celebrate “man’s (woman’s) best friend” are being planned for fans and their pets attending the game, including a ceremonial doggie first pitch, doggie beauty contest, skate-boarding bulldogs, wiener dog races, doggie washes, and more. The Armada will have a special entrance for doggies and their owners. In addition to being on a leash, dogs must have their vaccinations current and dog owners must sign a waiver of liability prior to entering Blair Field. In the interest of safety for both fans and dogs, any dog that becomes aggressive will be asked to leave. Dogs will be allowed to visit a designated comfort area throughout the game.

“Armada players, coaches, and staff spend every day working in the professional sports world and many of us are also devoted dog owners. We feel as sports professionals it is necessary to bring awareness to animal abuse, particularly the intolerable injustices associated with dog fighting,” commented Armada President and General Manager Steven Bash. “We hope the entire community of Long Beach comes out to help support the Armada, our partners, and this important event

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.longbeacharmada.com/ArDis...3425&SecID=306

Dog Days Of Summer: Armada Host "Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day"
    Fans Invited To Bring Canine Friends; Join in Michael Vick Jersey Bonfire

LONG BEACH, CA - The Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America including Barrow, Alaska have announced that on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 2:05pm the Armada will host the first ever "Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day." On the heels of Michael Vick's indictment, baseball fans and their four-legged friends are invited to bring their pooch and sit in a special section at Blair Field.

Reminiscent of the infamous Disco Demolition over 25 years ago (without the attendant stampede and chaos), the Armada will destroy all Michael Vick jerseys in protest to the inhumane treatment of animals. Any fan who trades in a Michael Vick t-shirt or jersey at the box office will receive free admission to the game and a donation in their name will be made to Justin Rudd's Community Action Team ( C.A.T.), a 501c3 nonprofit that provides educational outreach and events to help inspire a better understanding of dogs, encourage responsible ownership practices, and offer practical adoption and rescue opportunities.

Operation Santa Paws will be on hand to collect donations for abused and abandoned animals currently in shelters and rescues. Fans who bring in pet toys, treats, and/or cleaning supplies will receive a free ticket to a future Armada game courtesy of Operation Santa Paws and the Long Beach Armada. For more information on donations, log on to www.santapaws.info or www.hautedogs.org.

Special events to celebrate "man's (woman's) best friend" are being planned for fans and their pets attending the game, including a ceremonial doggie first pitch, doggie beauty contest, skate-boarding bulldogs, wiener dog races, doggie washes, and more. The Armada will have a special entrance for doggies and their owners. In addition to being on a leash, dogs must have their vaccinations current and dog owners must sign a waiver of liability prior to entering Blair Field. In the interest of safety for both fans and dogs, any dog that becomes aggressive will be asked to leave. Dogs will be allowed to visit a designated comfort area throughout the game.

"Armada players, coaches, and staff spend every day working in the professional sports world and many of us are also devoted dog owners. We feel as sports professionals it is necessary to bring awareness to animal abuse, particularly the intolerable injustices associated with dog fighting," commented Armada President and General Manager Steven Bash. "We hope the entire community of Long Beach comes out to help support the Armada, our partners, and this important event."

Season ticket holders and fans who purchase tickets through the Armada corporate office or participating sponsors will be able to receive a free DOGGIE admission ticket for their canine companion. Free voucher coupons or other complimentary tickets are not eligible for DOGGIE tickets.

For tickets and other event information, contact the Armada ticket office at (562) 434-7161 or visit www.longbeacharmada.com. For more information on DOGGIE ticket eligibility, sponsorship of this event, or other participation in this event, please contact sbash*AT*goldenbaseball*DOT*com .

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Whom ever posted the link to this... this is GREAT!!!!

Crow, that's great that they are doing that!

Vick needs to be put in a fighting pit.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day

Reminiscent of the infamous Disco Demolition over 25 years ago (without the attendant stampede and chaos)
    I wonder if Steve Dahl (the radio personality behind the July '79 Disco Demolition) is a dog person? He's still on the radio in Chicago. I'll have to listen to his show and see if he has anything to say about this whole thing. The White Sox had a double-header yesterday ... had Vick been there during the intermission they could have re-enacted the Disco Demolition -- using him as a disco record.

Crow_noir, what is Santa Paws? The article says they will receive donations of dog toys from people who bring them to the game that day. Sounds like something good will come out of this.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

LIke, Why do they have to make it "MV awareness day"?

The AH gets enough attention as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit

Its ALL about the money with Nike and Vick.
    Well, then we need to show Nike just how much money this *association* with Vick is going to cost them.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Well, then we need to show Nike just how much money this *association* with Vick is going to cost them.

I agree with you 100%!!

THis is the first I've heard about this but, other NFL players could also
    be involved. I hope they take them all down.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt