Thread: rest in peace sweet, Sunny.. (beloved shelter dog)

Unhappy rest in peace sweet, Sunny.. (beloved shelter dog)

Sunny and his sister Star came into the shelter
    where I volunteer because they killed a beagle.
    We tested them both with dogs after a few days
    and then we said we would test them in 2 weeks.
    It has been 2 weeks and Sunny hasn't been getting
    any better and Star is fine with some other dogs.
    anyways yesterday a volunteer that doesn't come
    often and I was drawing up some vaccines for some
    cats and the volunteer, her name is Theresa anyways
    she came to us and told us (me and the lady who runs the shelter) Sunny bit her and we asked how it happened and she said that she says hi to all the dogs as usual when she gets there and well she said she put her finger in Sunny's kennel and he bit her bad.
    atleast it was her and not a kid.
    I don't know what got into him and plus he didn't know her from a hole in the wall, but we know his "owner" ruined him. So he was pts today. I think more than him being dog aggressive and biting the volunteer was against him.
    someone out there didn't treat him right.

why do people have to ruin such good dogs?? seriously!

Sunny was such a good dog, too and I said goodbye to him yesterday and just sat on the ground and he came over and put his head in my lap and I rubbed his belly and I told him I am sorry that you never had a chance to live your life to the fullest and we just sat there for about a half hour. I told him if I didn't have any other animals, I'd take him home. It sucks that he had to pay his life because of someone else's mistake. (his "owner's")
    I just hope he knew how much I loved him. I sure as heck will miss singing his name to him and dancing when I took him out to play. I would always sing "Sunny, Sunny" and dance and it made him excited and happy. only if I could do that one more time just to make him happy.

We haven't had the best few months at the shelter. so much heartache because of people ruining their dogs and then our hearts break having to make this very tough decisions.
    first Tasha, Herrig, Freeway, and now him. atleast his sister Star has a chance..

pics of Sunny and then his sister Star are attached..Sunny is the first one and his sister, Star is the second one.. I will always love you "Sunny, Sunny" and I hope to see you again someday...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07-D0568.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	35430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07-D0567.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	35431  
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm so sorry Krista. I know how hard this is for you. It has been a really bad month for your shelter dogs. Sunny knew you loved him. I suppose it will be you he will wait for at the Rainbow Bridge. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

RIP Sunny.
    I just don't know how you do it. I would be a disaster if I worked at a shelter. First of all, I'd want to bring every single animal home with me. And second, it'd kill me to see any of them PTS.
    You are a strong person, and are doing a great thing to try and save these animals. Good for you!! I think you are going to have a large pack of doggies waiting for you at the bridge. They all know you showed them love in their last days, because their original owners could/would not.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Holy crap I'm bawling right now......
    RIP pups... You deserved so much better!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome