Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm in agony right now...

sick

i usually clean the kitchen or house when my mom is sick
    sorry you are sick

Donna I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Don't you just love this community? There are so many people here ready and willing to offer suggestions and well wishes. I, too have neck and knee issues but some days are much worse than others. There are times when I actually feel really good and times when everything hurts so bad. I have recently heard about the use of fish oil that Wom mentioned and that was encouraging to me because I already take that for my cholesterol issues. This all said, Donna, we're not getting older, we're getting better! Believe that and I have some swamp land for you! Seriously, I hope you get some relief soon. Pain is no fun at all.

Donna I'm so very sorry to hear you were having such terrible pain and am glad to hear your feeling a little better today.

(((Hugs))) and prayers.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I sympathize with you.

I've had many similar days myself. (And I'm only 26. Yet all tests come back saying I'm perfectly fine.)

This past week i thought the CT in my left wrist was acting up, but i was scared since the week before I had the same numbness when i had a panic attack. The only difference is that this week there was no chest pain. I had been about to make a doctor's apt.

Just today though i started feeling better... after a whole week of my hand and three fingers being almost fully numb... except being able to feel pain and prickles. How lovely. pain. I still feel a few pin pricks. I finally figured out the trigger and still plan on talking to the doctor about it. It would happen (and last for about 12 -24 hours) each time i touched the back of my elbow to something. It just so happens that I'm in the habit of resting my left elbow on the table when I'm at the computer. I figured out the trigger two days ago. It's a little less scary. It still is though... "Why is this happening after all these years?"

As for the knee pain... helping out with a Husky sure hasn't made me feel any younger!

I'll keep you in my thoughts hoping for you to be pain free. *HUGS*

Glucosamine hasn't helped me, and neither did Elk Velvet Antler for my joint pain. Maybe EVA could help you? (It did wonders for King.) Just thought i'd offer one more suggestion. I figure every suggestion is appreciated at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I don't know why I'm posting this. I'm sitting on my bed right now on the verge of tears, the pain in my knee is so bad.

I also have a pinched nerve in my neck causing my left arm and first three fingers to tingle. My doctor has prescribed Tramadol for the pain in my knee and an anti-inflammatory for the swelling until I can get to the orthopedic surgeon.

I had a nerve conduction study done a while back. The orthopedic surgeon said there were two options: traction or surgery. I tried traction and it didn't work. The latter scares the crap out of me.

I was diagnosed with osteoperesis in my right femur. I am not sure if it is a contributing factor in my knee pain. I have an appt with the orthopedic surgeon on May 25th.

I don't want to be on drugs anymore. I don't like them. The Tramadol makes me loopy (okay, loopier than than usual ) and really doesn't work. The anti-inflammatory does a marginal job. I don't want knee replacement surgery because of the recovery time and the fact that I live ALONE in a third floor apartment.

I have a friend who lives in NY and is a a licensed accupuncturist. I'm going to NYC next week to visit another friend and am going to see if Brendan thinks it will help me.

I'm only 54, but right now I feel OLD I'm tired of feeling this way.

I'm sorry to rant so much, but I just feel like crap right now. I guess I'm asking for some PT prayers. If I feel this bad at 54, I can't WAIT to see how I feel in another 25 years from now.

Thanks for listening guys.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.