Thread: RIP Buddy Guy and Lesley Anne

RIP Buddy Guy and Lesley Anne

Near the University and Foothills Hospital is a wonderful store called The Cat House, where I stopped today to pick up the very last bits for my gift exchange person.

There was a new fluffy nawtee girl there, Margarita. I asked about Buddy Guy, who was a large wonderful tabby and a laid-back character!

I was told he had been diagnosed with cancer two months ago. Yesterday (April 23) at 5:30 MT, he was PTS - but not before he got to enjoy lots and lots of our beautiful sunshine. He was 12 years old, and I am told he went peacefully.

He was the T-Shirt model for the shirts sold in support of fund-raising for the Cochrane Humane Society.

His pal, Lesley Anne, was 16 - and a stroke took her two months ago. She was a fluffy pretty girl - but not a real people cat. Still, she would accept attention!

Here is what the website says (www.cathouseinc.com):

Our best guess is that Buddy Guy was born in 1995. He was part of a large colony of homeless cats living in a small town west of Calgary. We trapped him and eventually gave him a home as our shop cat in the fall of 1999.

Buddy Guy is a sweet friend to everyone who meets him. He loves to be loved, and spends 95% of his time right beside the sales counter where the customers can pet and visit with him easily. Although he was not knowingly named after anyone, there is a blues musician named Buddy Guy.

Born in the spring of 1991, Lesley Anne became our first shop cat in January 1992 after she "strayed" into our lives. She looks like a purebred Norwegian Forest Cat.

Although she's become more aloof and "princess like" as she gets older, she still loves being a shop cat.

We named her after Lesley Anne Ivory - a British artist who paints beautiful paintings of cats. Lesley Anne looks just like "Agneatha" - a cat often portrayed in Lesley Anne Ivory's paintings.

RIP beautiful babies. You had long and beloved lives.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddy270.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	35394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	la270.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	35395  
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What beautiful furbabies they were!

RIP sweet little kitties. Play hard at the RB and know that you were loved.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

RIP, sweet ones.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Unhappy

Sleep softly Buddy Guy and Lesley Anne....
    Nine is Fine!!

What beautiful kitties, Buddy Guy and Lesley Anne.

Rest in peace, beloved furbabies,

Pat with LES
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Buddy Guy And Leslie Anne Have Gotten Thier Wings At The School Run By The Dalai Llama Who Has Blessed All The Pet Angels.
    They Are Visiting The Various Temples And Will Have A Party At A Hotel Which Is A Converted Palace.
    They Are Great Cats And Will Have Many People At The Shelter To Thank And To Be Guides To When They Are Reunited In Love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS