Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppy thread! (add yours)

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Just thought I would bring this up so that all of us with those crazy puppies who are now probably reaching teenage or adult hood could update everyone and each other and perhaps give some more tips now that the dogs are reaching their crazy time.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

LiL hooch my baby boy (8wks old)

This is Tucker and he is 5 months old now. He knows the command sit but he gets so excited that he can't sit for more than about 10 seconds. He has learned to come when he is called but it really depends if there is something more interesting going on. Potty training is coming but he seems to be finding it difficult to know how to tell us he has to go unless he is in his kennel and then he barks and jumps at the kennel door. He is learning not to bite on little fingers and toes or chew up toys that are not his. As far as socialization, he is living with 8 other dogs so he gets a lot of that but the dogs who live here sometimes let him have what he wants rather than let him know he can't take things from them. He goes to work with me every day. We don't always see a lot of people but he sees more than he would if he stayed at home all day. He is very good at work and will go lay on his bed a good part of his day or play alone with his toys.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Quote Originally Posted by Crikit
    Just thought I would bring this up so that all of us with those crazy puppies who are now probably reaching teenage or adult hood could update everyone and each other and perhaps give some more tips now that the dogs are reaching their crazy time.
    Oh, we're pretty much past the crazy adolescent stage. A blessing and a curse, I suppose. It hit us a lot sooner and a lot harder than I would have thought. After a lot of bad advice and ineffective methods, we finally found Control Unleashed. Her leash reactivity has improved IMMENSELY, and we're actually enjoying walks now. Now, we're working on her anxiety in the ring and, hopefully, we can cut down on zoomies. The first sequence is always the most jittery (read= always filled with zoomies). With a bunch of team building and focus exercises and a lot of Premack's Principle, we're coping

Yeah...I'm never getting a puppy ever again. LOL!