Thread: dog trouble

dog trouble

hi guys, just wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice. i have a 9 month old short legged jack russel called jess and recently when i have been getting up in a morning she has either weed or pooed all over the floor. this is a recent thing and she never does it during the day even when she is sometimes left on her own for hours. does anyone know why she is doing this or how i can stop her?
    thanks kerry

No water intake late PM's and set your alarm to let her out early AM's

Definitely limit how late into the evening you feed her, and take her out right before you go to bed, so she can "empty the tank" then. She's still a puppy, and systems are still maturing, time to set a new routine!

Hmmm....9 mos old is a pretty grown up pup. At that age they are usually past the soiling bit. Maybe try to think if anything has changed at home, feeding times, walks, your work etc. If everything is exactly the same routine, I would crate her at night. Put her out as late as possible and let her out as early as possible. Are you maybe going to bed earlier or sleeping longer in the morning? in any case, she would be old enough to whine and wake you. try feeding her no later than 5:00 p.m. and no water after 8:00 p.m., see how she does with that.

Whenever a dog who is previously housebroken starts to have problems, the first thing to do is get her checked by your vet. Have her checked for a UTI.
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.

I would keep her in her crate at night. My older dog went through this. All housebroken, then around 8 or 9 months old she pottied on the floor at night. I put her back into the crate for a week and she stopped after that. Just had to kind of remind her I guess LOL.

hi everyone,
    thanks for all your replies i will definatly be trying out all your advice. ill let you know how i get on.