Thread: You HAVE to see this......

You HAVE to see this......

this was posted on another forum I´m member and I HAD to share with you guys.....
    the title there was "I´m not cleaning up after him...."

enjoy

Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

OMG *faints*
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Hate to be a bummer.. but that was photoshopped. If you look at the Neo's shadow, it doesn't look quite right.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I have seen this before and I am just wild about this guy. I suggested that he be put back in the stall with the horse............and let the stable boy clean up after him How could he tell the difference?

Here's the information on the origin of this photo from the Truth or Fiction website

World's Largest Dog?-Truth! & Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor:
    A story with a picture about a dog said to be named Hercules that has become the "World's Largest Dog" in the Guinness World Records. It is an English Mastiff that weights in at 282-pounds and has a 38-inch neck.

The Truth:
    Hercules, the massive English Mastiff, was real but his time in the limelight was in 2001 when he was the Guinness world record for the World's Largest Dog. For some reason the story began circulating widely on the Internet in March, 2007, and was accompanied by a picture of an enormous dog being walked near a horse.

That picture is not of Hercules because it's a Neapolitan mastiff and Hercules is an English mastiff. Also, the picture appears to be fabricated. The dog is about half the size of the horse and an average horse is around 1,000 pounds.

The real Hercules was owned by John Flynn of Peabody, Massachusetts. In an interview with WBZ television in Boston in June, 2001, he commented that he weighed 270 pounds so his dog weighed more than he did. It was a comment by a 9-year old friend of his that led to the Guinness world record. The friend, David Delauri, was thumbing through the Guinness Book of World Records and commented that there was a dog in there that looked like Hercules. It turned out to be a 296-pound mastiff but that had died and after submitting veterinary records to the folks at Guinness, Hercules became the heaviest. There are other categories for the tallest such as Geat Danes and Irish Woulfhounds.

There is a larger English Mastiff on record named Zorba from the United Kingdom. He weighed in at 343 pounds and measured 8 feet from nose to tail, according to BigPawsOnly.com, a site about large dogs.

Updated 4/12/07

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:

Now this is a dog!!!!

Hercules was recently awarded the honorable distinction of Worlds Biggest Dog by Guinness World Records. Hercules is an English Mastiff And has a 38 inch neck and weighs 282 pounds.

With "paws the size of softballs" (reports the Boston Herald), the Three-year-old monster is far larger and heavier than his breed's Standard 200lb. Limit. Hercules owner Mr. Flynn says that Hercules Weight is natural and not induced by a bizarre diet:

"I fed him normal food and he just grew".... And grew. And grew. And grew.

To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Yup, it's faked, and not even well faked. If you look carefully at the photo, you realized whoever silhoetted the dog to drop him into the photo deleted his back leg closest to the person. You can see his back paw, underneath the curved paw of the front leg, but there's no leg attached to that paw!

Don't believe everything you see!

I knew from the start it was fake, but it´s neat to think of a dog that big anyway......

can you imagine a kiss from THAT dog?!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Yup, it's faked, and not even well faked. If you look carefully at the photo, you realized whoever silhoetted the dog to drop him into the photo deleted his back leg closest to the person. You can see his back paw, underneath the curved paw of the front leg, but there's no leg attached to that paw!

Don't believe everything you see!
    Good catch Karen! After reading your post I took another look. Among other mistakes noticed the second time around, the dog doesn't appear to have any back legs.
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Even though it's a fake, it's still a cute pic and I love the caption! It would be amazing to have a dog that big in real life, imagine how much food he'd eat !

Zimbabwe 07/13

That's hilarious! And I thought Nala has big poops.

(Who cares if it's real or not, it was meant as a joke people!)

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

LOL! I sure wouldn't want to clean up after him!

OMGosh, that is just too funny! Thanks for sharing!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)