Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please say a prayer for my dear Zac

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

RainbowsBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....*

Author unknown...

Zac is there waiting for you, no longer struggling.
    There will be a grand reunion, One Fine Day.

Godspeed, Zac

Thankyou all so much for thinking of us, and thankyou rosethecopycat for the beautiful Rainbow Bridge poem. I know my sweet Zacky is happily playing with his new friends and if I close my eyes I can see him racing towards me now, with his funny little lopsided run, just as he always did when we called him in from the garden.

We've been giving his sister Zoe lots and lots of hugs and kisses. She's his actual sister - they're littermates, my twins. She's sitting in the chair beside me as I type this with her head on my lap. I'm so glad my Zoe is here.

I've been looking through the hundreds of photos I have of Zac. I will write a memorial for him - I want everyone to see how handsome he was.

Dawn

Dawn - I can sort of picture a lopsided gallop - how cute that must have looked!

Although a memorial is sad, I am looking forward to seeing your pics of handsome Zac!

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It is so hard to lose a really good friend. Sleep softly, sweet Zac...
    Nine is Fine!!

I am so sorry to read of Zac's passing. My deepest sympathy for your loss.

Zac is a wonderful cat, and his spirit is peaceful and happy now at the Rainbow Bridge. You gave him a wonderful life.

Hugs and love,
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Zac and Zoe's Mum
    The x-ray showed his lungs were full of fluid - his little heart just couldn't cope any more - it was in a very bad state. And the toxins in his blood shot up again.

There was nothing anyone could do to make him better, even breathing was a struggle.

I held him in my arms and he just went to sleep. He knows how much I love him.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

RIP Zac. Hugs to Zoe and mom and all.

Zac was a beauty

I am very sorry to hear about Zac, and my heart goes out to you. He was a very beautiful cat. Perhaps he and my recently departed baby have met by now. Though Zac only lived to be seven, I bet you gave him the best 7 years a cat could want.

I'm so sorry to hear about Zac's passing. He sure was a handsome boy and I know he knew that he was loved very much. RIP sweet Zac.