Thread: What was your cat like after..

What was your cat like after..

What was your kitty like after he/she got neutered/spayed? (i really dont know the diffrence, silly me )
    Im just curious becuase everyone has such diffrent oppinions and storys.
    One person says that the cats personality changes from aggresive = sweety pie.
    Others Ive talked to say that the kitty gets overweight and lazy, allways looking depressed..
    What was your kitty like afterwards?

---

NEUTER AND SPAY YOUR PETS!!!

Sebastian was between 4-6 months when he was neutered, and I didn't notice any changes. Amadeus was neutered the same day I adopted him, so I couldn't tell if anything was "different". Augustus was neutered before we adopted him, again, I couldn't tell if anything had changed. They all have a pouch of fat on their bellies though. That is the only thing different!

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Brody was 6 months old when she was spayed (girls get spayed, boys get neutered) and I noticed no change in her whatsoever. The only big difference was that she was allowed to go outside and play with the other cats which made her happy
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Toby was neutered at 9 months and he was the same, very laid back and sweet. He's over 25 lbs. but you wouldn't know it til you picked him up. He has the flab sack hanging but he has a huge blockhead and big feet so he was going to be big from the start. He's not a round big, just big. For the record, his twin is over 25 lbs also and he's always been fed Iams.

Dixie just recently got spayed and she's became very attached to me where as before she wouldn't hardly come near me for anything other than a combing, petting or snack time. Now she hardly leaves my side. She's tiny but she's had the flab sack for 2 years, she's 3. We'll have to see if she gains any weight.

Churchy is pretty much the same...he's not 2 yet and he's very much still the cocky kid in the house. He was neutered a year ago after he moved in. I poofed Churchy from his neglectful owners, my next door neighbors. He was terribly wormy and lived outside on lizards and birds until I started feeding him. He's gained weight but I think it's healthy weight from being dewormed and a better diet, plus he's no longer outside. He's going to be big too...he's already 18 lbs. He's Maine Coon though...

None of them are lazy, they all have certain times we play but I think that's the trick. They will get lazy and fat if I let them. All three are very active in the house.

Hi! I have a boy and a girl and there was no difference whatsoever after they were fixed. They were the same as always.

Good luck with Picasso!
    Thanks for all your help,
    C

The cat i have now was fixed when i got him. I think it's better to fix them early. The cat I had a long time ago was fixed after he had "used the equipment" and he seemed mad! In the future, I would fix my cat as early as possible!
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

That "fat and lazy" saying burns me up! They only get FAT if you overfeed them.. and lazy?... all cats nap all day usually anyway so how do you tell a lazy one from a normal one. All mine were fixed after I got them and I saw no differance in them. The ones who laid around before, still lay around and the ones that played a lot, still play a lot... Each cat is different just like people are. If they were sweet and affectionate before, they are still sweet and affectionat... If they were a bit more spirited before, they still are afterwards... AGE has more to do with how they behave than anything as they DO mellow out more as they get older.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!