Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Still shaking....Update on Goof page 5

Ok, I am still upset but a bit calmer now that I know Goof will be ok not FINE but ok.
    Let me try to explain this to you all and maybe explain my rage. The house that this dog comes from is a dump, the hog wire fencing is not adequate for 15 pitts. These are NOT ppl that should have Pitties. Their dogs are all dog and animal aggressive, because the owners WANT them that way.

As far as we know they do not fight on theor property. Their dogs sport fresh wounds monthly, so yes we do believe they fight them. Proof is not available and I cannot make the cops do anything over a hunch.

They allow these younger dogs to roam nightly, to get excercise.(their words not mine) The other neighbor allows her 2 vicious labs out on thursdays, at 11 pm till she gets up on Friday. Penny met the lady with the labs while she came over to pick up the trash her dogs tore up again. I asked her isn't she afraid to let them roam knowing the other dogs are loose? she said nope I have been allowed thurdays thats how I know my dogs did this to your trash and not theirs.

Yes I have called AC no they find the dogs out

Point is, it isn't the dog or the breed in this case it is the owner and a very ignorant and lazy township. The only reason any dog was taken today was when the cop heard I belong to several rescue groups all of which had been informed and were keeping an eye on the outcome did he call for a animal pick up.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Poor Adrian! He must be terribly confused and upset. Of course he's not to blame for trying to protect Goofy and himself.

I'm hoping some solution can be reached to get those dogs out of the neighbor's hands without it turning out badly for the dogs. And I hope that he's prosecuted and required to pay restitution for Adrian's and Goofy's injuries! The dogs deserve a chance, although if they've been trained as fighters, there probably isn't much hope for them. The owner deserves to be locked up.

You don't deserve this at all, Kym. I'm so sorry. I will be keeping poor Goofy in my thoughts. Please keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    The only reason any dog was taken today was when the cop heard I belong to several rescue groups all of which had been informed and were keeping an eye on the outcome did he call for a animal pick up.
    Sounds like an animal control problem, not a cop problem. Now that a dog had actually done something to show it was a public threat and the owners could possibly be charged with criminal negligence, it is appropriate for the police to be involved.

Prior to that, it sounds like it is all on the animal control who can never 'find' the animals (I know that story all to well, sadly).

I share your frustration with animal control... my visiting 2 year old neice was just bitten by a dog we have called animal control on numerous times and they can never locate. At least I am only dealing with 20-lb doxie mixes with bad owners, not labs and pits with bad owners.

I would certainly be making another call to animal control about this issue, making darn sure they know they are at least partly responsible for letting it escalate to this.

Make sure the police are aware of your wandering dog complaints, also. Animal control should have alerted the owners, which will count against them in court (knwoing their animals were a nuisance and not allowed to be at large, that is).

Poor Goofy. I hope she heals quickly. And your poor son, not old enough to understand why this happened.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

That is just it, I will be very surprised if this goes to court. The neighbor we will for this purpose call him Ima Idiot, told the cops, that he will "of course cover all our bills" Uh huh.....how? you dont cover your electric as it is turned off every other month?

The nephew of Ima Idiot came over to see Adrian, and said he was really sorry about what happened and looked most uncomfy, so I asked Jonathan if his uncle had sent him over. He said yes looked like he wanted to cry, I told him that he had no reason to worry, we are not mad at him or the dog. Just the owner, his uncle. He said yeah but Doc my uncle don't own that one and he is gonna be in big trouble if they find out it is gone. My uncle said to tell you that Adrian got the dog mixed up, and it wasn;t that one that bit, and that he will give them a different dog but he needs to get that dog back.

So I am left wondering who is "they" ?

And what to do with this information?

What a mess.

Will be calling in a bit to see how Goof is coming round from the anaesthetic.

I'm sitting here shaking my head. Those poor dogs didn't do anything they haven't been encouraged to do. The owner, he is NOT going to pay the price.

Isn't the fresh wounds on the dogs proof enough for the police to suspect pit-fighting? Can't they get a warrant to search the guys house for more evidence? Surley the wounds are a red flag that SOMETHING is up.

This is sick, Kym, and I'm sorry you have to deal with stupid neighbors such as this one. I have the same problem, except my neighbors deny anything ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    Isn't the fresh wounds on the dogs proof enough for the police of pit-fighting? Can't they get a warrant to search the guys house?

This is sick, Kym, and I'm sorry you have to deal with stupid neighbors such as this one. I have the same problem, except my neighbors deny anything ever happens.
    With 15 dogs there, the answer is the same they got into a tussle over some bones (insert word of choice here). It is not proof of anything other than that the dogs are wounded.

Yes, Sandra I agree, not a one of those dogs deserve this, none are doing anything they weren't taught, but I cannot explain that to Goofy, and it won't make her hurt less. I would however in my secret heart like to tie the owner down and let Goof have a go or 2 at him with help from her big brother and sister.............not that it would help but it is cathartic to think about it.

I hope and truly pray, that this will move the system enough to action, to be able to help the dogs, if they can, and I hope that some good comes from all of it. I fear it won't though. I worry for the next animal or kid helping their animal, I am blessed that Goof will be Ok albeit shaken and traumatized , but I am very blessed my son only got a very minor wound. Will the next victim animal or human be so lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    With 15 dogs there, the answer is the same they got into a tussle over some bones (insert word of choice here). It is not proof of anything other than that the dogs are wounded.

Yes, Sandra I agree, not a one of those dogs deserve this, none are doing anything they weren't taught, but I cannot explain that to Goofy, and it won't make her hurt less. I would however in my secret heart like to tie the owner down and let Goof have a go or 2 at him with help from her big brother and sister.............not that it would help but it is cathartic to think about it.

I hope and truly pray, that this will move the system enough to action, to be able to help the dogs, if they can, and I hope that some good comes from all of it. I fear it won't though. I worry for the next animal or kid helping their animal, I am blessed that Goof will be Ok albeit shaken and traumatized , but I am very blessed my son only got a very minor wound. Will the next victim animal or human be so lucky?
    I never exactly thought of that, but I still have my suspicions. There must be some way you can get these dogs away from this guy. He can't own dogs, and he has no business in doing so if he can't train or contain them properly.

One more question, in my county we have a law stating that you can't have more then 5 dogs without a liscence or something. Did you check to see if there are any laws in your town/city/location? The guy may not have the certification to do so, and with the stupidity and irresponisbilty shown in the incident alone I can safely assumer that he doesn't.

Wait, wait Dr. G. Let me be sure I have this right. Your neighbor has more than a dozen dogs and an inadequate fence. Your son was in your yard, with your dog. And Ima's friend's dog (not Ima's dog, but his friend's) was in your yard biting your son and your dog. And now Ima is trying to get you to say the bites were inflicted by a different dog, so that he does not wind up in trouble with that dog's owner. No way, Jose. Your son knows which dog bit him and your dog. If it was Ima's friend's dog, and not Ima's - well, now, that's unfortunate. Can Goofy do her business in another part of your yard? Can we get you a big old honkin fence to keep these aggressive dogs away from your family and your pets? In my not-so-secret heart, I would like to tie down Ima and his friend and let their own dogs have a go or two at them.

My parents' former next-door neighbors had two Rottweilers that were always outside - in the cold, heat, rain and everything inbetween - and we witnessed the neighbors hitting and kicking the dogs - told animal control but nothing was ever done. When it was scorching hot out we used to give them water in a bucket over the fence because their people didn't give a rip. The people never came out to pet or play with them, never cleaned up their poops, never showed them any kind of care. The people finally moved out and I don't know what happened to the dogs. I think animal control just didn't want to get involved because the dogs were Rottweilers. Or maybe they just didn't want to get between people and their "pets".

hugs,
    elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Ouch, what a tough situation. How heartbreaking for everyone. Thanks for keeping us posted. Sending lots of warm thoughts for Goofy's quick recovery!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Thanks Elyse,
    and yes you have it right, however Adrian never made to the yard part of the yard, I will take pics in the morning or my deck and yard he and Goof were nailed getting off the deck to the yard. I assumed he was in the grass area, until the police took his statement. He never made it off the deck area.

As for the "owner" I could give a rats a**, Adrian was scared but he isn't stupid, he knows a fawn and white as opposed to the blues and brindles that are over there. This pup and it is a pup (approx 40 lbs maybe 8 months old) was fawn blanket and white everywhere else.

I think I am done being scared, and now I am getting very very Pissy. With a capital P.

I did call on Goof, she is recovering fine, and Mandy bless her heart has tapes playing for her, someone remind me to make sure I send flowers to my vets amazing staff!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    Ouch, what a tough situation. How heartbreaking for everyone. Thanks for keeping us posted. Sending lots of warm thoughts for Goofy's quick recovery!
    Thank you Cathy.

God, what a nightmare situation! I'm so glad that your son only needed 3 stitches and that your dog is going to be ok once all is said and done. It's ridiculous that your irresponsible adult neighbor would send his nephew over to speak with you, and even try to convince you to say it was another dog. He should be mature enough to come apologize on his own, and take responsibility for the animals on his property - even if they are "not his".
    I hope that something happens as a result of all of this, whether it be charges filed against the owners, or their dogs being seized, or both. It sounds like an awful situation, and I'm sorry that you had to go through this today