Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Still shaking....Update on Goof page 5

OMG!!!

RIP shelter dog.
    How sad... sad, sad, sad.
    Gentle hugs to Goof and well wishes for a speedy recovery.
    How is our Hero today?? (Your son)

(My jaw is still dropped after reading your post about the pittie attacking the shelter dog......)

How horrible... and to think she's only (aprox) 9 months old. The only thing that little girl has known her entire life is anger, fear and aggression.
    Poor thing. She's be better off going to the bridge.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    I hope and truly pray, that this will move the system enough to action, to be able to help the dogs, if they can, and I hope that some good comes from all of it. I fear it won't though. I worry for the next animal or kid helping their animal, I am blessed that Goof will be Ok albeit shaken and traumatized , but I am very blessed my son only got a very minor wound. Will the next victim animal or human be so lucky?

I wanted to send my thoughts and prayers your way for you, your son and Goof. These situations make me sick. People like this should not be allowed to own dogs. My best friend from high school her 82-year-old grandmother was mauled to death by three roaming pitties in her neighborhood a little over two years ago. She was in her own yard walking her own dog on a leash when the dogs came out and attacked and killed them both. Her family arrived at the house while the grandma was still alive but could not distract the dogs to get them off her of. She later died due to her injuries in the helicopter on the way to the hospital. Police shot and killed two dogs which were still on the scene at the time of their arrival and the third ran home, later to be PTS at the pound. This changed the law in Viriginia for roaming dogs and their owners. The woman who owned the pitties is serving time in a jail with a fine. During the time of awaiting her sentencing she went out and got more pitties. People do not care and I believe that your dog it like your child, we pay for what our children do under the age of 18-they are our responsibility....well so are our pets. We should pay for what our dogs do when allowed to roam. I think all owners should be held
    responsible for their pets and their behavior. RIP little shelter dog

Poor Goof. And how sad for that other shelter dog.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

wow this is just all so sad

It is a horrible way for it to happen, but at least that settles his ridiculous scheme to swap dogs (and sentence another innocent pitty to death ). Now that the dog in custody is responsible for a death inside AC facility, there is no way on earth they could possibly release her.

At least it should keep him from sending over the nephew to further harass and guilt trip Adrian.

This whole thing is awful, just truly awful. From what I understand both dogs were being returned to their kennels and this little girl just spun and nailed her/him.

I have seen the AC over the alley a few times now, I don't know if they are there for the dogs still on property or just getting information or what.

Jonathan and Adrian are still friends, he really feels bad , and it was awful for his uncle to put him in that position. Jonathans Mom isn't happy with her BIL behaviour either, according to Jonathan.

Goof is still at Dr. Popes, doing about the same and that is encouraging, no news is good news. I did go over to see her today and left in tears, she had kisses for the mommy though and that helped. Hardest thing was to not cry while I was in there with her. I brought her her blaket and her dolly and left my overshirt for her. She should come home in a day or so if she keeps on keeping an even keel or improves .

Actually a few days for her to heal up isn't a bad idea, only because I think the way she looks right now would break Adrians heart. A little healing time and clean up won't hurt.

Thank you all for keeping her in your prayers I know how amazing PT prayers are, and I am grateful.

Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Poor Goof. I think it's a good idea to give her a chance to heal. Hopefully, she'll be home soon!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Dr.Goodnow, I just feel so awful for you and your son and dog. Honestly though, I can't think of a better, braver way that your son could have conducted himself - he definitely saved your dog's life, and I think that that will sink in for him when your dog comes home from the hospital and he gets to give her a big hug.

I think I know how you felt, standing in the hospital with your dog trying to be strong and not cry - when I first got my puppy Molly, she almost didn't make it and wound up in the critical care unit for 5 days, in a little incubator...it was the hardest thing, smiling and being positive in front of her and not breaking down sobbing like a baby. You're being so strong for your son and for your dog, and that's awesome.

I hope that something is done to deal with the situation of too many dogs on your neighbors property....I don't have a thing against pit bulls, but I DO have a thing against imbeciles who don't properly care for their pets and allow them to hurt other people and animals. Those poor dogs

My goodness what a mess. I meant how did the shealter dog get near the pitty, but I read now that they were passing. BIG mistake by the sounds of it RIP shelter doggy

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Dear Ones - I'm bumping this up to ask, could we please keep thinking and praying for Adrian, Goofy and Dr. Goodnow today - amazing things have been accomplished through the power of Pet Talk thoughts and prayers... thanks...
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Ok, people. I usually NEVER say this, because I am not a very religious person...but tonight I will be praying for Goofy and Adrian both. And I will continue until Goofball is home with her family that loves her and misses her terribly. Excuse me while I go get a tissue now.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Hardest thing was to not cry while I was in there with her. I brought her her blaket and her dolly and left my overshirt for her.
    Ugh... LES...

I pray she makes a fast and full recovery.

How is Adrian's leg?
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

How are Adrian and Goofy?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm really glad to hear Goof is doing good now. Hoping she comes home soon! How's Adrian?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Goofy came home today Sunday, she is sore and a bit battered looking but very happy to be home! Adrian is doing very well and thinks Goofy looks a lot worse than he thought. He finally realized that he did save her.

Thank you all for all the prayers!! I know they are the reason every one is healing so well. We are all very grateful.

Kym, Jas Adrian Goofy and the critters!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be