Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can cats see ghosts?

I see ghosts, too, all the time!

My cats are very used to seeing ghosts in my apartment, so used to it that they just state with interest and don't get scared any more. I think they are either seeing angels (angels will gather wherever you display their images, something I read once and found out is very true) or some friends (like Ora Ray Glore, the fmr. Hells Angels LACO Chapter president who's the older brother of my former fiance and adopted me as his "Lil' Sis" and sometimes accompanied by his parents one of whom knew me when I was affianced), and relatives (the Two Grandmas Nellie and Kay and the Grandpas Ron C. & Jacob Russell D.) who like to hang around and watch me and the kitties play.

If your animals are frightened of what they are seeing, it's time to consult a psychic or medium who can help you deal with the spirit that is frightening them; it might be someone who is malevolent or just doesn't know they are dead and needs a little help moving on!

I rarely sense something evil in my apartment; if I do, I will read the 15th Psalm aloud and with reverence, which anything negative simply cannot remain in the presence of even one word of the Psalms spoken out loud, especially those Psalms (the 91st Psalm, Michael's psalm, also works like that, too) I also burn frankincense, yes, the real stuff they burn in church, it can be bought online if you do a google search...be sure to buy the charcoal "cups" to burn it on as it (the incense) comes in a bag of chunks and not in stick form.

Hope this helps!
    I've been FROSTED !

When we were still in Bahrain, Mouse would look up at the ceiling for forever. But, once I look up to where he was looking, he would just walk off like nothing happened. To this day, I don't know if he was PLAYING with me or seeing something.

My Chaz had me bewildered the other night. He was sitting upright on the top of his cat tree so I went over to try to engage him in playing with a toy. He ignored the toy and me and was frozen with intent, staring over my shoulder. I could only think it was a bird or something outside as he was facing a window that was clear across two rooms.

So I just shrugged and walked away. Then he jumped down and was slinking into the kitchen, tail fluffed to observe whatever it was from another angle. This time he was NOT looking toward any windows. He never fluffs his tail for any reason.

I thought it might be that he didn't recognize Lizette, who was calmly sitting on the dining room in the general area of his focus. I removed her, and his behavior did not change. He was freaked by something invisible to me. If it was a ghost, Lizette didn't mind it being there, and seemed very relaxed; enough to sit close to it.

Also, each morning I find one (always the same one) of the cats' toys deposited on the bedroom rug, next to my side of the bed. This has been going on for several weeks. I always pick it up and put it back in the living room. At first I thought it was either Cochise or Chaz, but I have never seen any of my cats carry toys in their mouths, ever. Maybe it is the ghost of Lily, Muskrat or Meeshe? I just don't get it.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

hi my name is hanna. my cat caily did some thing like that. she would set in my lap then all of a sudden she would stare then bat at something in the air. i would feel a sudden chill. it is soooo weird.

i think that i saw the ghost of my dead dog.
    blue used to lie at the top of the stairs,
    and because he was black, i couldnt see him in the dark.
    red was in my parents room,
    all the cats were either sleeping or out playing.
    i went out into the hallway, went to walk downt he stairs, i moved my right foot to the part where blue used to lie.
    and i heard that weird groan noise you sometimes get when you poke a sleeping dog with your foot.
    i looked down, i went to reach for blue as if his death had just been a nightmare-
    nothing there. yet i still find myself, about, 9 months after he was put down, stepping over him.
    and the cats never sleep in blues place.
    + isnt this a bit freaky?
    (ps i know tis about dogs)
    Purple died (blues sister) before she could be rescued
    Blue died after 12 years with us,
    Now we have a dog called Red that came to us Purely by chance?
    Sometimes i think that Red may have Blue and Purples spirits inside her- she ahs the same nose and mischevious antics...

Definitely! I was away earlier this year, and my housemate was minding the cats, and there was some ghostly activity going on (so much so even we knew about it). The cats were just going nutz, running around and meowing strangely. I have seen it before myself.

I like the concept of "veils" being thin in humans, and I also think that animals are naturally attuned to what goes on in the next life. My two remaining kitties, Pixie and Randie, certainly behaved oddly when Nibbler passed on to the Bridge.

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I think they can see them--and sense them. A good friend of mine used to own a Metaphysical shop that was in an old building that had all kinds of wierd energy. When I brought my normally mellow Howard to visit her one day, his eyes got HUGE and he was just looking all over as if he were seeing things that weren't there. Then a couple years later, I moved to an apartment that is actually an old house that has been divided up. Ever since, Luna has been obsessed with my closet door, which I always keep closed just to shut out the clutter inside (it's a fairly large walk-in closet). She will sit by that door and meow and meow and sniff at it as if there's something in there that she wants or wants to see or is talking to. She doesn't behave this way with any other closed door in the place, not the door to outside, not the bathroom door (which, too, I usually keep shut)....not even the door that leads to the cellar. Just the closet door. Sometimes Howard will join her in her obsession.

Not that I think The Boogyman lives in my closet (that's too cheezy), but I do think that there is some sort of energy in that part of the apartment that attracts Luna's attention and makes her act like that.

When The Found Cats go out on the porch they often Meeow to nothing at all, I think they sense Thier Angel Pals and The Porch Cat Angels.
    Thier Friends often come home to see how things are going!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by caffeitina
    I think they can see them--and sense them. A good friend of mine used to own a Metaphysical shop that was in an old building that had all kinds of wierd energy. When I brought my normally mellow Howard to visit her one day, his eyes got HUGE and he was just looking all over as if he were seeing things that weren't there. Then a couple years later, I moved to an apartment that is actually an old house that has been divided up. Ever since, Luna has been obsessed with my closet door, which I always keep closed just to shut out the clutter inside (it's a fairly large walk-in closet). She will sit by that door and meow and meow and sniff at it as if there's something in there that she wants or wants to see or is talking to. She doesn't behave this way with any other closed door in the place, not the door to outside, not the bathroom door (which, too, I usually keep shut)....not even the door that leads to the cellar. Just the closet door. Sometimes Howard will join her in her obsession.

Not that I think The Boogyman lives in my closet (that's too cheezy), but I do think that there is some sort of energy in that part of the apartment that attracts Luna's attention and makes her act like that.
    It could be that a cat went into that closet to have her kittens, and maybe one didn't make it . . . The kitten's ghost is still there.

A house in a nearby town was demolished by a fire and they had a mother cat (Delilah) nursing her kittens in their bedroom closet and they all perished. When I read about this in the newspaper I was grief-sticken and sent them a gift card to PetSmart for their remaining cat. Maybe a similar tragedy occured and Luna just wants to meet and comfort the ghost kitty.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I've not had this with my cat but when I took my dog to the holistic vet that is also an empath- Keegan kept staring at the door staring UNDER the door cocking her head to the sides, i looked at the vet and she was staring out the corner of her eye murmuring something saying ' do you see the kitty??' yea, its a kitty, you see it don't you.......
    there happened to be a cat in the backroom meowing its head off and then she commented its not the one in the back we haven't touched him yet!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Noodle is the same - staring over my shoulder etc....

same

my kitten acts strange, when he was fast asleep, he woke up and just stared at something, then he moved his head,and started meowing...that always freaks me out thinking about it

Can cats see ghosts?

I really believe they can. When my husband died in 1997, my cat was only two years old. Several times when we were watching TV, he would look up at the ceiling above us and stare at a particular spot. I assumed it was my husband making sure we were both okay. I reassured him that we were, and eventually he left. My cat and I haven't heard from him since.
    Barbara

My dog sees ghosts! When i saw one i went to a preacher who said it was a gift from god. I see ghosts of my dead cats and my moms dead dad and people that once lived where i currently live. It is very cool!

Something strange that happened to me at Pet Smart. I was looking for a memorial for my El's grave about a week after he died. When I got out of the car in the parking lot, I noticed a large Golden Retriever that was barking. Anyway, inside the store I was looking in the memorial aisle, crying, when this same dog comes up to me and sniffs my hand. The lady with the dog gently tugged on the leash and said "come on Ellie". I thought this was odd because El's name was Ellie. It made me feel good! I felt as if El was telling me everything was okay.
    Last edited by Pawla; 05-29-2007 at 08:32 PM.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie