Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can cats see ghosts?

Can cats see ghosts?

Hi Everyone! I had a crazy experience with my little girl kitty last night and wanted to know if anyone has similar experiences.
    We had a regular Monday-I came home from work, fed them, played with them, then went to the gym. I came home and all was well. After my shower, I noticed my little girl was acting very odd. She was hiding and running away from me-she's usually at my side like my little shadow-so this was very very odd.
    After a while, I inched up next to her, trying not to spook her with any loud noises but she still ran away. When i was finally able to get about arms length away from her she was so focused on something over my shoulder. There was nothing there... but whatever she was 'seeing' clearly had her very very spooked. She spent most of the night under the dining room table and then later that night (at around 2am) I woke up and realized she was under the bed awake. She usually sleeps with me on the bed and is out like a light.

Any thoughts? Similar stories??

This morning she was still acting a little off and wouldn't really let me hold her or be near her....
    Thanks for all your help,
    C

I have heard all my life that they can see them and I have a firend that I use to work with that swears one of his cats sees something in his house that scares the daylights out of him and makes the cats fur stand streight up. It is a place by his satircase that is where the cat sits and watches for hours, he growls with his fur standing up then bolts in the oppsite direction... and this happens a lot. When the cat wants to go upstairs, he said he will walk through 2 rooms to get to the staircase, rather than use the hall where he "sees" this whatever it is.

I think they are on a differnt consious (spelling?) level than we are, hearing and seeing so I personally, think they do see things we can't.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I AM SURE THAT THE FOUND CATS CAN SEETHIER FORMER ROOMATES WHEN THEY COME TO VISIT AND MANY A TIME I HEAR RUNNING AROUND IN THE BASEMENT AND ON THE ENCLOSED PORCH.
    AND MY CATS MEEOWING AND HAVING A GREAT TIME.
    AND THE MYSTERIOUS SOUND OF PIGEONS...

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have heard that animals and young kids can see ghosts because they are more opened minded then older humans...
    My cats don't mind the ghosts in my house. (Yes, there are ghosts in my house.) Whenever I take pictures of Snow or Angel I can see blurrs and human-like figures by my kitties. CREEEPY! I also hear footsteps in the middle of the night and the temperture drops. Whenever Snow feels this, she runs out in the hallway or where ever she can see the ghosts.
    I think my cats like the ghosts. I mean, they cant hurt you or anything, only scare you.
    My Cats:
    Angel {four-year-old Tabby cat, my cute little cat}

Snow {seven-year-old white cat, my lovable fat cat}

Ghosts are typically seen by the very old, the very young, and the very ill /injured in humans. Not so much because they are open-minded as Snow Angel pointed out (though I am certain it doesn't hurt!) but because the veil between lives is thinner for them. I have no doubt that animals see ghosts, but I can't say with any confidence that the whole 'veil' idea applies to them. I imagine it is more due to the way their eyes work. Like how a camera will catch shadows, images, odd lights and things. That is of course all conjecture and speculation, but I still maintain that our fur-babies see a world we can't

Quote Originally Posted by DrNiblik
    Ghosts are typically seen by the very old, the very young, and the very ill /injured in humans. Not so much because they are open-minded as Snow Angel pointed out (though I am certain it doesn't hurt!) but because the veil between lives is thinner for them. I have no doubt that animals see ghosts, but I can't say with any confidence that the whole 'veil' idea applies to them. I imagine it is more due to the way their eyes work. Like how a camera will catch shadows, images, odd lights and things. That is of course all conjecture and speculation, but I still maintain that our fur-babies see a world we can't

Well I saw a ghost once. It was a figure of my grandfather walking in the bedroom right towards me and my dog who was a puppy at the time who was also deaf was crying in her sleep like crazy, my friend was with me and we screamed as loud as we could and nobody heard us. then he vanished. I saw him from the time he was a wight light ball until he formed to the figure of himself!!!! but I wasnt very young old or sick? it was sooo neat but of course very scary!!!

I also saw ghosts too! I saw them twice. One time, it was the middle of the night and I heard footsteps in the hallway. I got up to see what it was and therre was this woman walking back and forth. I got so scared I ran in my room!
    Another time was when I woke up an saw a little girl by my mirror!!!!! I screamed and she disappeared.

Has anyone seen animal ghosts before??
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I've seen my RB Pepper before. I woke up around 2am and I thought that I saw a cat walking by with a big bushy tail. I thought that it was just Sky but then I realized that none of my cats were in my room. Then I saw it again and it was my Pepper. I turned on the light and he dissapeared.

I used to notice some of my cats just staring at a wall or looking at something
    that wasn't there. Maybe they see my Pepper. I know that Pepper comes to visit because I can feel his presence and I sometimes think that I see him out of the corner of my eye.

A pet psychic contacted him and he gave her the message yellow walls. She didn't know what this meant. I told her that I had just painted my walls yellow. This was Pepper's way of telling the psychic that he visits me.

wow… thanks for all the feedback! I don’t know if this has made me feel better or more scared! hahaha
    Bieli is still acting odd although last night she was much better. She slept in the bed again. This morning she was walking very low to the ground and was a bit scared but at least she wasn’t looking at empty spots over my shoulder. I’ll keep you all posted!
    Thanks again!
    Happy Thursday!
    Thanks for all your help,
    C

I'm pretty sure animals can see spirit visitors. I swear Tobey has sensed my Dad's presence - he sat and stared at the same spot for ages a couple of days after Dad died, with his little tail wagging like mad!

I am convinced I saw my Grandad walk by my kitchen door shortly after he died too - I think he popped back to check I was okay on his way to the Bridge
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Okay... Well how about our lost friends coming back to see us??? When my girlfriend's ancient pooch Teysha died, she swore she could hear her claws on the kitchen tile late at night. I thought that maybe she was just missing her beloved pet until I stayed in her house one night and heard it myself! Do you guys think that sometimes our pets might not go too far after they cross the "rainbow bridge"?

Maybe they stay with us and then humans and their pets cross rainbow bridge together?
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

XoSkittlezXo Guest
    Yea I agree with whiskluver maybe they do stay with us! maybe we hear barks in our head and maybe thats a sign they are with us still! that stuff is freaky

It is a nice thought...
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I think Leonardo sees Angels. He will lay beside me in bed and look off into space. He's not a bit frightened or anything. Since I always ask God to surround my house with angels, I figure that's who he sees.

The others probably see them too because they are never afraid of what they are seeing.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~