Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Images from a Danish graveyard

Going further on, you see this statue.

And going north, you pass this beautiful tree.

Unfortunately, in the far end they have started clearing a corner where a Metro St. will be built. Quite a chunk they will take.

On my way, I also met a few squirrels and managed to get a video clip.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

How beautiful, Randi! I love walking through old cemeteries. I'm intrigued by the history and beauty of the stones and the people buried there.

Tomorrow will be my Mom's 36th anniversary. I'll go and spend some time at Rose Hill Memorial Park with her and my Dad before I go to work. I can't believe it's been that long.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

3. What a fluffy red tail on the squirrel playing "ring around the tree"!

Lovely pictures, as always. I do love old cemeteries, and our property actually abuts the Newton Cemetery, were several of my relatives are buried. I love well-maintained old paces, and knowing the history of the peoples.
    I've Been Frosted

Such a beautiful place, and how nice to be taken back there with your pictures again, Randi. Thank you!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a peaceful place And I love that squirrel video. Look at his little paintbrush ears
    Red European squirrels are the cutest

I still go for walks at the cemetary, but don’t bring my camera very often. However, I did get a picture of a pretty tree the other day.

One day, I met a guy with a similar camera as the one I have and we had a long chat about settings. He is very interested in photography and I’m sure he can teach me a few things. He got this picture last week.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Goodness! He must be very patient or very lucky to get such a wonderful photo!
    Your tree photo is beautiful too, Randi.

Is that animal a squirrel? Or if not, what is it?

If it is one, they (or at least that one) look totally different from the ones here!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Randi, Your pictures are wonderful. I wish I had traveled to Denmark while I lived in the Netherlands. This was a trip that was planned but just never got around to it.
    Because of one picture you posted on the Magnolia tree I had to google Magnolia because what you were calling a Magnolia is what we in the south refered to as a Tulip tree. The Tulip tree as we call it is one of the first to bloom in the spring. When I looked it up sure enough it is called a Tulip Magnolia and it appears there are many different varieties in different parts of the world. Our southern Magnolia is a huge tree with very big blossums. I got to see one grow from just a stick with one leaf to a monster so big you could sit under it in a rain storm and it took several minutes before the rain finally reached you. This is a picture of the Southern Magnolia.

The cluster as seen in this shot is probably a foot across.

What wonderful pictures Randi! I love the squirrel. Ours don't have the furry tufts in their ears here. I always loved walking in cemeteries. They are so peaceful.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KK, this guy is quite patient when he goes out with his camera. I was not there the day he got that shot, but I'll ask him how long he had to stand there and just wait.

The squirrels we have here are different from the ones you have in the US - yours are mostly grey, aren't they? I never really noticed the tufts in the ears, not sure all of them have these.

Kokopup, I didn't know until recently that there are different kinds of Magnolia trees. The ones you have in the south are very impressive and so beautiful. I know that they are the State flower/tree in Mississippi and I've seen pictures of them from Willow Oak. The Dogwood trees are nice, too.

A pity you didn't make it to Denmark, I think you would have liked it!

This is one I shot last year, not half as good as the other one, but I love the tree.

Randi, the way this tree is growing reminds me of the Live Oak that grows in the coastal region of the southern US. This is a very impressive tree and one that would have attracted me as a kid because of it easy access for climbing.
    A tree similarly shaped was my favorite as a kid. I built tree houses and ladders into the limbs all through this tree. It was a Mulberry tree that was cut down years later when I was grown. I heard the man that had the task of cutting the tree was cursing me with every cut. I had probably put 100 lbs of nails in that tree, over the years, and this managed to repeatedly dull his saw.

This is the Southern Live Oak Tree.

Wow, that tree is wonderful!! I would have loved to climb that, too - yes, I did climb trees when I was a child.

I heard the man that had the task of cutting the tree was cursing me with every cut. I had probably put 100 lbs of nails in that tree, over the years, and this managed to repeatedly dull his saw.
    LOL! I can just imagine his cursing.

There are quite a few of these trees at the cemetary, but I don't know the name of them. They look quite spooky when it gets dark. I will see if I can find the name of them.

European red squirrels have always tufts in their ears- but you need an excellent shot like the one your friend took to see them so well.
    I am sure that cemetery must be fantastic for squirrels