Thread: Its not a breed its a problem!!! Please look at this!!

Its not a breed its a problem!!! Please look at this!!

I have 1 puppy and 8 cats. If you dont imagine you did. And imagine that you had to keep all of them inside even if they are outdoor cats. This is my situation!

We have new neighbors who just cant seem to not find something to complain about
    It started when my puppy got loose and ran into thier yard.They told us to keep the (scuse my language) "Damn Dog" away! How Rude! Then without asking us to correct the problem, they called the animal control center! We now have to buy permits for them all at $25 a pop! I had never heard of this.

Yesterday the started to complain about cat prints on thier car. I mean they dont exactly own a Lexus OK Then they coplain that the cats climbed a tree and then that I ran outside without shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so angry that I would just love a judge to take a case. When Im ticked off Believe me I can argue!!!!

Any help, replies, or advice is totally welcome on this subject!!!!

Have you tried having any sort of general chat with them? Maybe someone in their family is afraid of animals, maybe they are feeling uncomfortable in a new place and unwelcome so are lashing out, I would maybe bring them cookies or something and have a general chat before bringing up the animal issues.

Talking Has not worked. They own a dog and a cat so they dont fear animals. Sorry to say but I really dont want to be nice to them right now. All I want them to do is let us be and pick on someone thier own size. At this point I will do anything to let my cats outside!

These people are really strange. First of all, who would get mad at your sweet puppy for "running on their yard" when they have a dog of their own who "runs on their yard"? And why would they be mad about you running outside with your shoes off?
    Maybe they are just lonely, or do they have family and friends who visit? A man in my neighborhood loves to complain about me. he probably is just lonely, though. I don't even know what he looks like! He ran the tape out of our answering machine on our visit down south complaining about me.
    You should do your best to stay away from them; ignore them, don't listen to them when they complain, and try to keep the puppy and your cats "off" of his yard. Letting your cats run around their yard might not be the best thing to do... they all ready called Animal Control Center for some strange unknown reason! If this does not work, maybe you should call someone to complain about THEM.
    I know you might not take advice from an 11 year old girl, but it might just work. Good luck with your grump neighbors.

------------------
    People who think they cannot buy love have never bought an animal.

Tiger, its ok that your only 11 Im only 12 (well almost 13).

Thanks but staying away did not help I walked by in the afternoon after I got off the bus and he yelled from his porch that my cats were as good as dead! I could not help talking back. I know some japanese but am not very good in sentences but this time I was I said about 6 fully formed sentences in japanese. He had no idea what I said and with nothing further to say I whent inside I dont know how he interpreted it but now he is setting out traps to make sure our cats are "as good as dead"

Okay, have your parents talk to them - some people don't give any credence to anything a child says. I am serious - have your parents talk to them, as this situation seems to be snowballing out of control. Find out what the actual laws are regarding pets in your twon, make sure you aren't in any way violating them. Then, if the adults cannot reach some understanding, they might talk to someone about mediating this whole situation before someone, feline, canine or human, gets hurt.

Karen,

My dad has takled a number of times to them but after each time he talks to them a complaint is posted. This usuall makes me very angry. Now today I was outside because it was 85 deg.F but this was all spoiled when he complained that water splashed on his car(my brother and I were washing the cars). I thought thats what he wanted anyway?! we now warn our NICER neighbors in fear that they are next.

Snoodle, if you really are concerned for your pet's safety, inform the authorities that he threatned your pet's life. Believe me, they will do something about it.

I know how you feel! We have a neighbor that's been doing that sice her and her kids moved her 3 years ago! I can't have any cats loose running around or even have me and my dog steep in her yard! A few days ago my brothers were playing football and the ball went in her yard and she sprayed them with water! She's a pain in the neck!