Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priscilla's not doing well

Priscilla's not doing well

Priscilla went to see her regular vet yesterday for a checkup. As we know, her eyes are okay, but as for her kidneys she is NOT doing well. She was dehydrated again, even with all the fluids I give her, she does not eat on her own at all, and she mostly just lies around. Sometimes she throws up some of the syringe-fed food.

A blood sample showed that her hematocrit is now almost back in the normal range, but she has a high white blood cell count. Her BUN and Creatinine are still high.

We are trying a few more things.. upping her subQ fluids to 100ml 4 times a day now and giving her a couple of injectable meds along with the subQ to ease her tendency to vomit and combat possible infection, as the WBC count may indicate. And I'm to continue syringe-feeding her. This is only to see if I can give her a bit more good time.

I'm to call the vet back tomorrow to let her know how she is. She still enjoys lying in my lap as I pet her and looking around from the windowsill or the top of the TV, but I don't think it will be much longer now.

Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts and healing, comforting energies.

Pat, and my own Miss Pretty Princess Priscilla, and Peony, Poppy, Sydney, and Elmer
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope that the extra fluids and the medication will help her rally. Healing thoughts are headed Priscilla's way!

Thank you, CatsinDenver. She is resting on my lap right now as I type.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Pat!!! I am so very sorry to read about Priscilla! I did post a prayer request on www.rainbowsbridge.com for Priscilla. It is under New Beginings then to prayer requests. Please know that many prayers are heading your way!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I'm so sorry to hear that Priscilla is not doing well. I really hope the extra fluids and the medicine will help her feel better. It's good she wants to snuggle up with you.

Sending lots of positive thoughts.

(((((hugs)))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh no! Priscilla, don't make me come over there! Special healing prayers headed your way.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

PT PRAYERS for Priscilla.

I am glad she can enjoy being in your lap and getting all your love. Please give her a gentle scritchie for me, ok? And a kiss on that pretty forehead!

HUGS to you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am very sorry that Priscilla is so ill. The fact that she still enjoys sitting with you and getting attention must be helping both of you cope with what you are going through. I've been through this myself a few times and know how your heart sinks at each sign that the kidneys are failing completely. You are doing everything you possibly can? One thing, did the vet tell you to check her breathing in case it becomes labored. When my Ted had to have his fluids increased he suddenly stopped being able to assimilate them and the fluids simply sat in his chest cavity and made it hard for him to breathe. He had to be rushed to the emergency vet. It was very, very sudden, so sudden that I didn't believe what was happening at first. This doesn't happen all that often and I really don't want to worry you, but do want to alert you.

So sorry to hear about Priscilla. Saying many prayers for her!

I'm sorry to hear that Priscilla isn't doing well. I hope that you'll be able to make her more comfortable. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Awww! I hope what you are doing works and she gets better soon. Prayers sent already for her.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

And I know taht there are Angels there to comfort Priscilla and help her recover and be the healthy Happy Cat that everyone on Pet Talk loves.
    We are praying that Priscilla can pull through this crisis.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you, Sandra and Randi and Mary and Candace and Lizzie and Freedom and Krazyaboutkatz. She isn't doing any better. She likes to sit on my lap for a while, but then she gets up and goes over to one of her other places to rest. She is just so weak, too. She sometimes just falls back against something and stays resting in that position.

Thanks for posting the prayer request, Sandra, which I went to and read, and thanks everyone for all your prayers and positive thoughts. Priscilla and I appreciate them all very much.

Thanks, Lizzie, for the tip about checking for labored breathing. I'm not really giving her that much additional fluid. Before, it was 200ml in the morning and 100 in the evening. Now it's 100ml each time four times spread out over the day. But I will keep a close watch.

She was on my lap as I was typing, and now she just got up and jumped down. But she is kind of wobbly on her feet. She just slid over on some papers and stayed lying there for a bit. Then she got up again and walked over to her fleece piece by the heater and settled down there.

Thanks again, everyone,

Pat and Priscilla
    Death thought about it.

I hope the new care gives you and Priscilla more special moments together.

Love on her greatly.

Pat, any news on Priscilla this morning...continued prayers for Priscilla and hugs for you...
    Nine is Fine!!