View Poll Results: Do you think it is a good idea to have the Dolphins helping out in the war?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 16.00%
  • I have mixed feelings...

7 28.00%
  • No

14 56.00%

Thread: Using Dolphins For The War

Using Dolphins For The War

I have heard that marine bioligists are teaching Dolphins to be in the war in Iraq. How, you ask? Well, Dolphins can spot people in Iraq in the oceans. The Dolphins send a signal to their trainers to tell them someone is in the water.

Many people are thinking this is cool and amazing and it will help out a lot in the war, but what some people don't know is the Dolphins are in risk of dying. The Dolphins are in cold waters in the North and they are use to the warm waters. The coldness can kill them and/or harm them.

Now, here's the question:
    Do you agree with the Dolphins helping out in the war?
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Dolphins being harmed by cold water?

I see them routinely while deep sea fishing in the North Atlantic. Besides, the Navy's training facilities for Dolphins are along the Gulf Coast of the US. There were several media reports about the Navy having to relocate the dolphins during Katrina.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

dolphins

I think its an good idea but dangerous 2 the dolphin so i have mix feelings about it.
    ~Im a showjumper, an animal lover, a sister, and a great friend and the reason for who I am is because of the great people around me.~

*Rest In Peace Blossum*

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    Dolphins being harmed by cold water?

I see them routinely while deep sea fishing in the North Atlantic. Besides, the Navy's training facilities for Dolphins are along the Gulf Coast of the US. There were several media reports about the Navy having to relocate the dolphins during Katrina.
    When do you usually see the Dolphins?
    Dolphins go to the South in the winter, but swim up to the North in the summer. So when do you usually see them and what kind of Dolphin are they (Bottlenose Dolphins, Common Dolphins, etc.)?
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I consider myself somewhat of a pacifist so I find the idea of recruiting a creature that cannot refuse service to be very sad. It's not as bad as strapping dynamite to a dog's back, though, which sadly happens.

I think the OP might be referring to this story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/12/dol....ap/index.html

Puget sound is warmer than the home waters of the Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin. While the move will take acclimatization, as long as the animals are monitored, there shouldn't be a problem.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

How much more stupid can humans get?

Dolphins have there own life to live, why should humans desturb them and now want to use them for the use of wars, humans should keep stupid wars to them selfs .. let them go kill each other but LEAVE the Dolphins out of this!