Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precious Chica!

Precious Chica!

Chica, I usually don't start a thread for you chihuahua cuties but wait for our very own Daisy and Delilah to discover you little cuties as this breed is very definitely her heart breed. That all said, as I read your story I was close to tears. Hearing your human's description about how you acted in that awful shelter brought back memories of my own as my Ripley was huddled up in the back of a cage at a shelter just like you were. He was scared and so unhappy. I spoke to him and very slowly he came to me in response. You just needed the same reassurance didn't you sweetie? I have no doubt that it was no accident that you arrived at that particular shelter. It was there that you were to find your loving forever home and no more bouncing from owner to owner to people who just didn't take the time to love you the way you needed to be loved.

Chica I hope your day today is just as wonderful as it can be. Maybe it will consists of a car ride or a run on the cranberry bogs. Whatever it is you just have a great old time because today is your special day. You are Dog of the Day here and we couldn't be happier!

Hi Chica Girl!!!!!!

Thank you Pam for starting this thread in our early morning absence. Me and the girls know you love these little doggies almost as much as we do. Hello little Chica!! At first, we thought it was a picture of our Daisy at close range. Your story has us bawling this morning here at our house. Because we know how much Chis love human contact and get so scared if they don't have it. We know that Chis aren't for everybody but the people that have them, love them like they are their children. All it takes is a little extra time to give of yourself and you guys/girls are happy. Such a sad story with a very happy ending for you little girl. We send giant kudos to your forever family for saving you. We truly love these people!! Congratulations to our most deserving little DOTD!!! We hope your day is filled with hugs, kisses, treats and more treats!! Maybe some scratches and belly rubs thrown in. Maybe a car ride and a trip to the cranberry bog. Please have your loving family give you a billion kisses today from us and we wish you all happiness always!!!!!! Please tell Mom to join PT so we can see more of you sweetheart!!

Love, Daisy and Delilah in Sunny Florida

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Hi cutie Chica!!! OMG, look at that face!!! I had a feeling Daisy and Delilah and Pam would be among the first to congratulate your precious self this morning I've always been Mom to "big breed" doggies but I have to admit sweetheart, I'm totally smititen with you Chi's! You may be pint sized in stature, but when it comes to personality, spirit, heart and your unbridled zest for life, you Chi's are right up there with the big boys (and girls!) You had a heartbreakingly rough start in life Chica and no one can blame you for being so hesitant to open up your heart to a human again, to love and trust. But thanks to the dedication of your AWESOME Mom and that indomitable Chi spirit you were finally able to overcame your fears and what a happy, confident, life and people loving pupper you've turned into! Amazing how far a little love and patience can go! Your Mom is so very proud of you sweetheart and rightfully so! What an adorable little doll baby you are Chica and SO deserving of the title, DOG OF THE DAY!!! I hope you and your proud people are off to a bang up start, celebrating your day on center stage! Enjoy it with all the gusto your Chi heart can muster! Love, hugs and kisses to you, precious Chica! Please have your family give an extra special, yummy treat for me! WE LOVE CHICA!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Chica and other chihuahuas

Hi Chica!

It sounds like you are a lucky pup. I know just how your Mom feels about chihuahuas. When I first met my husband, he had a 4-year old Chihuahua. Thinking of them as little rodent dogs and yappy ankle-biters, I told my best friend that I could never have a serious relationship with a man who owned a Chihuahua! Well, we are celebrating our 18th anniversary in May, and have four Chihuahuas now, two of whom are rescues just like you, Chica.

Congratulations on being dog of the day. You are so cute that I think you should be DOD again tomorrow!

Anne (plus Marina, Carmencita, Fiona, and Penina)

So nice to hear your story become a happy one, Chica! Congrats on your special day!

What a heartwarming story to start off my day. I just had to come here right away to sing your praises.

To think of how frightened and lost you must have felt breaks my heart.
    But thanks to your wonderful family you have blossomed and now enjoy the good life.

To be well loved and spoiled is exactly what you deserve. I wish you a long life with your family and congratulations on your special honor today.

Hello Chica,

It is a pleasure to meet you sweetheart. I was sad when reading about
    your early life. Thank heavens you were found & came to trust someone
    who wanted only to understand & love you. You both are very lucky to
    have met. I am happy to hear what a treasure you have become
    in your new & forever home. Big congratulations on being honored today
    as our beloved DOG OF THE DAY, I wish you happiness & love to last for
    a lifetime little one. Hugs & kisses Chica.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

that was such a great story! congrats chica on dotd!!

Oh thank Heaven you saw the good in her!
    What a touching story!

I pray you are blessed with many many years with Chica!

Congrats to you Chica on being today's Dog of the Day!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Precious senorita Chica! The first thing I thought of when I saw your photo this afternoon was - wait till Daisy and Delilah get a look at you! I am delighted that a mistress found you who was able to give you the patient affection you needed. I hope you get a yummy treat or some pleasant petting time today on this special day. Happy Dog-of-the-Day to you, sweety!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations

What a life you've had, little Chica! I am so happy you found your forever home and are doing well. My Abby was a "home for the weekend" girl, too, so she knows how lucky you are. God bless your family for looking past the rumors and the stereotypes and finding the true love that you are! I'm a big dog owner myself, but little ones have so much to offer in such small packages. Enjoy your day! Abby & Gail
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gail8269; 04-11-2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: adding picture
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Little Chica

Beautiful story. I laughed and smiled through tears (happy ones). Your story touched my heart. We LOVE rescue stories!!!! There are so many animals just asking for a chance. You are the greatest for giving her one.
    Chica congratulations on your very special day and for finding your "forever" home, with such a loving family. Your story made my day. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

Hi, Chica! Your story is great. I'm so happy that you are now in a loving home where you are cared for. What a great new beginning for you in life! The picture of you at the beach is really adorable. You certainly look happy and healthy. Enjoy your special day with your family. Congrats on DOTD!

Chicaquita!!!

Nice to meet you today, Chica!!! I must say ... I am a dog person but I wasn't a fan of small dogs ... until I met a small chi named Tati. It didn't take long before she won me over with her antics and her walk. (She seemed to go sideways and forward at the same time which made her look like she was bouncing across the floor instead of walking!!! ) I don't live with live furry critters but I do have ceramic and plush ones including two chi's. I named the plush one, Tati and the ceramic one, Tatita. Getting back to Chica ... I'm sooooo glad you have a warm, loving, forever home where your family members know you were meant to be spoiled and pampered and adored!!! Happy DOTD to you, sweetie!!!
    Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused. Anonymous.

Chica sounds adorable and I am so glad you found her. That was an amazing story--
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*