Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All my cats May have kidney failure from recalled food

No advice here but lots of prayers for you and your gang.

Prayers and healing thoughts on the way for your furkids....
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

My prayers and thoughts are with you, Mike and all your kitties.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I'm so sorry to read this. Thoughts are with you at this time. How sad all this is.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Just got back from the vet with Marshall and Colby.
    Marshall...NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray for that!!
    Colby..Kidney failure!!!!
    Like Lucy.
    He wants both back in 3-4 weeks for retesting.They are too young to have it so it IS the food.
    Colby also had his sugur blood tested from being overweight and he's fine.
    I'm sure most my cats have kidney failure from the food and my vet said to not kill myself bringing them all in.
    We'll bring the 2 back in 3-4 weeks and then see from there.
    If anyone looks bad of course they'll go in.
    Life has NOT been to good to me.
    But Marshall at least will be with us for hopefully 20 more years...being about 2 years old and healthy.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

And the Found Paradise Hotel Cats are adding to the prayers for All Your Cats Carla and Mike. We know what a strain it is to have to take All those Cats in and have them tested.
    I have to keep an eagle eye on the Found Cats in case Michaels URI is infectious as they all clump together so much.
    Prayers are coming for your Cats and we pray that all will be well.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Here's a law firm out of California that has started a class action suit.
    A gal on another pet forum, signed up. Here's the link

class action suit
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady
    Here's a law firm out of California that has started a class action suit.
    A gal on another pet forum, signed up. Here's the link

class action suit
    Do I sign this one being in Maine?Or do I sign a different one.Thank You.
    Me and Mike are not doing to good right now.We worked so hard at keeping these guys healthy.
    Colby is hanging over the water bowl just like most my cats.I change them every 2 hours to keep them fresh and they are ALL over the house(The big ceramic water bowls)to keep them fresh and enticeing to them.Plus we have 3 running water fountains.
    How can I find the Maine one to sign.
    God I'm so tired.

Mike is looking up where to sign...making sure this is the right one to sign.If there is a different one from Maine,we don't know but he's looking for it through this link.
    Thank You
    Last edited by catfamily; 04-11-2007 at 04:25 PM.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Carla, I am so so sorry that this is happening to you. It just makes me so angry that this has happened to people's beloved babies. I am praying for all your babies to stay healthy and the ones in kidney failure to pull through.
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by doolittleky
    Carla, I am so so sorry that this is happening to you. It just makes me so angry that this has happened to people's beloved babies. I am praying for all your babies to stay healthy and the ones in kidney failure to pull through.
    Melissa
    Thank You Melissa
    And Thanks Everyone

Melissa...are you going to test some of yours?Or did you use only 1 food?Just curious.

OMG Carla, this has to be the worst nightmare imaginable! I could not be more sorry. Prayers for you and that lovely fur family of yours.

Oh Carla! I am sitting here crying. You have worked so hard to keep those babies healthy and done EVERYTHING right.. I can not believe this is happening to you.. I know they are your babies and you are taking this hard. ((((HUGS))))) to you and Mike!

I am SO glad I fought off that urge to get some of that "good stuff" to give my babies as a treat. I never have but when I come home, I want to do something SO special for them and this has taught me a grand lesson.. Special does not = food!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The gal I know from another forum, is from Ohio and she signed up.
    It appears that it doesnt matter what state your from to sign.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'm so not familiar with kidney failure... I've only dealt with liver failure, and that was horrific in itself.

What is the treatment that they recommend for kidney failure?? Is there anything that they can do to flush out the system?? Gosh, this is so terrible! I hope that anything that can be done will be, and that it will work out for your guys.

Please let us know if there is anything you need!

Hugs to you and your kitties!

I'm wondering what treatment is being done also. I've dealt with a lot of cats with chronic renal failure, but never acute renal failure - which is what the cats affected by the bad food are getting. Don't they still do lots of fluids? Are they on sub-q fluids? From what I've read, other cats have pulled through but it took a lot of vet care. Will you be able to do this? What has your vet recommended?

I am so very sorry you are going through this. You must be in despair.