Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All my cats May have kidney failure from recalled food

All my cats May have kidney failure from recalled food

I usually use natural Balance food for my cats and it really IS the best food I myself think anyway.Natural Balance Is NOT recalled Food.(Just to let you know...I still LOVE Natural Balance)
    But I DID use the recalled food (Hannaford brand ,Walmart brand,Iams pouch ,and one other I cannot remember.Or 2 others.I have to look at the slip...in the past(Of Course NOT knowing it was BAD).
    The only reaon I used it was because I had Mia...that was skin and bones...and she was tough to feed...so I bought her anything she would eat!
    The cats could smell it in the mudroom where she was seperated for awhile so I gave them some every once in a while.
    Me and Mike are so distraught over this.
    But if you remember..I posted Lucy having some sort of a seizure...the way I can explain it is..her eyes looked black she started gazing aroung moving her arms around slowly like a slow motion picture...for about 2 minutes.She did not respond to me.She seemed weak for a few hours after then seemed fine.
    She's been drinking EXTRA water that past couple months and seemed exhausted also.
    I brought her in today to be tested.
    Her pee has very little protein so that was good but:
    Her BUN is High and her CREA is high.
    I'm bringing in Marshall and Colby tomorrow.
    Next week...we'll do more starting with Tucker,Sara and whoever I think had most of that *tainted* food...that I so stupidly gave them for a *treat*.
    I always stoodby and STILL stand by Natural Balance Food...so hopefully the small amout of *other* food I gave them will not make them as bad as my newest cat Mia who wasd Already dying of Kidney failure.
    I am more worried for the other cats...not Mia.
    Mia was dying (It was obvious..plus I tested her)when I scooped her out of the shelter so that she could die in a home of love and comfort.
    Last edited by catfamily; 04-10-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Yikes! Keep us posted!!! They'll be in our prayers.

Oh no.I am will keep your furbabies and you in my prayers.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. Please remember to save all the vet bills because some of the companies are providing reimbursement for the treatment costs.

Thats absolutley terrible and we are praying that your Dear Friends are all right, especially Little Mia.
    They were saying on the news that this is a lot worse than the Pet Food Companies were revealing. We are praying that your Cats will be all right.
    There really have not been a lot of sick Pets in Canada so far.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I feel so bad for the poor pets and their people who have had to deal with this!
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

Many prayers that ALL of your cats can handle the small amounts they may have ingested of bad food.

OMG! That's so awful! I'm sending you a cyber hug.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Oh my gosh you poor thing having to deal with all of this,none of it your fault, please don't feel bad,you were not to know, luckily in NZ we were not affected, but i watched the news and felt so bad for everyone who was, this is indeed tragic, i sure hope the kitties will be ok,positive vibes being sent your way for an all clear for your precious furbabies, my thoughts and good wishes are with you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Prayers for your sweet babies, and all the others.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh, I hope everyone is OK! And please don't blame yourself--there's certainly no way any of us could have known that so many different brands of food could become poisoned!

I know all too well what you're going through. One of my kitties went into complete kidney failure--and she had eaten some of the suspect food--but the vets still can't say whether the food was to blame. None of the others have shown suspicious symptoms.

Keep in mind that food purchased during the recall period wasn't necessary tainted. It's certainly possible to have bought food during that time that was produced before the bad wheat gluten was brought in.

I hope everything turns out well for all of your beautiful cats.

Prayers for all of your cats. Getting them to the vet for treatment as fast as you are doing is a big step in helping them pull through this. Good for you!

All my cats May have kidney failure from recalled food

Oh No = I would just be in rage/raggs about now.. Huggss & Prayers sent to you.. Keep us posted..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

The cats that have been taken in for early symptoms seem to have pulled through okay, though at high expense, and I dearly hope that Mia will be one of those that can get through this. Positive thoughts sent your way that the others test negative.

Don't feel bad, although I know we can't help ourselves. I feed Fancy Feast to Ginger because that is what she will eat, and that's all you really focus on for a very old cat. I gave her left-overs, and there have been many, to the teenage cats and they love it. As you said, it was a treat that they love and you don't see any harm in it because it isn't their main food. There have been no recalls on Fancy Feast so far, but it's the kind of food that might be in a recall - so now Ginger's left-overs are tossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    Oh no.I am will keep your furbabies and you in my prayers.

same here
    my brother's family lost their young cat to contaminated food
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678