Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lilly's shedded skin! - Caution Lilly is a Spider

Lilly's shedded skin! - Caution Lilly is a Spider

Here is my little girls skin after she popped out of it... a few of the legs are missing, as they can break off easly once the skin dries... but you can clearly see her FANGS!! I have most of the skin in a bowl at home, i plan to keep it as its really cool & her first shed for me

url for a closer look click here

Thought I had 2 good photos, the 2ed is too blury, so I wont post it.

Pretty cool!! I always wanted a Pink Toed tarantula, but unfortunately the rest of te household says no!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    Pretty cool!! I always wanted a Pink Toed tarantula, but unfortunately the rest of te household says no!
    I want a bird eatter! They are the largest (forget how big) & not the kind you want to hold

Chad HATES Lilly, but he'll look at her through her tank.. he thought I took her out of the tank 9it was just her skin) & he freaked out & ran away

Wow, that looks like a pretty nice shed!
    I love tarantulas. I think they can be really pretty.

How cool she is!! So, she just shed, right? I noticed in another thread you said you thought she was dead??

Is she tame??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow, now that is cool. It looks exactly like a spider. Isn't it neat how animals can do such cool things

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    How cool she is!! So, she just shed, right? I noticed in another thread you said you thought she was dead??

Is she tame??
    I updated the other thread stating shes alive & well!!

I think she shedded last week (its explained in the other thread)...

I found it last night, when my friend was wondering if Lilly was ok, cause I was out with him all weekend... My Big girl is 100% ok

If I wasn't a chicken doo doo I could hold her.. shes very calm & will let me poke her back legs.. But I have a huge fear of being bitten by things & with fangs like her, ummm ya, I'm pretty scared to handle her.. i LOVE looking at her & getting her to walk UP the glass hehehe I'll guide her with a pen.. you rub the hairs on a leg & she'll go in the opposite direction Its really neat.. I LOVE bugs so much.. I've always had a thing for bugs.. I had them all over my room as pets when I was little... bug books everywhere, had a spiffy beatle farm for YEARS. All my early science projects & science fair things were based on bugs I learned most of my stuff on my own.. trial & error

My son has all of his tarantula's shed skins. He keeps them in zip lock bags. It's neat to see how they get bigger and bigger over time.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    My son has all of his tarantula's shed skins. He keeps them in zip lock bags. It's neat to see how they get bigger and bigger over time.
    I plan to put Lilly's in a jar & collect all her next sheds, so I can see how much she grows

I am absolutely fascinated with Lilly.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I am absolutely fascinated with Lilly.
    I'm thinking about warming up my room, so I can her out of the log, so I can take photos of her

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    Chad HATES Lilly, but he'll look at her through her tank.. he thought I took her out of the tank 9it was just her skin) & he freaked out & ran away
    I'd be right behind him
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Very cool, never seen a tarantula's shed before.

I am not planning on any neew pets any time soon, but I have always thought that a pink-toed or rose-haired tarantula would be an interesting pet to keep. They're supposed to be two of the most amenable to gentle handling as well. maybe someday...

Thanks for sharing the cool pic, tho. Definitely not something you see every day.

http://www.silverfoxfilms.com/spider.html

not even this little guy could convert me to spiders
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

How cool!! I'd love to have a tarantula, but Andy is afraid of them, so no spiders for me.

My geckos eat their shed skin, but I do keep Lucy the cornsnakes sheds! I have a ziplock baggie of 3 so far.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June