Thread: Dont know what to do regarding stray

Dont know what to do regarding stray

There is a beautiful Tortie hanging around. I thought she was the neighbors... maybe she is?? Her weight dont look bad, but she is always out and I always see her in my garbage and she been hanging close to my house a lot. She has a circle of fur gone on her upper tail too though. Around here the Humane society or animal control would put her strait to sleep. She wont come to me, but dont seem totally feral either. I could trap her... but then what? I cant take her to the vet at all and certainly cant keep her or risk infecting my cats with something. This is why I hate trailer parks!! I cant afford to feed her and the other million cats. And really with the way she looks im pretty sure she gets food somewhere besides my garbage. The other day I walked past her and she had some chicken strips out of the garbage... I just told her to enjoy them after I tried calling her and she gave me an evil look with a string of drool coming off her mouth.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

Awww! It just breaks your heart to see them scrounging for food. Sounds to me like there is nothing much you can do except perhaps put out scraps for her? Maybe make her a warm dry place to sleep outside?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Theres nothing worse than seeing poor neglected Cats eating out of the garbage.You are not certain or not if they belong to somebody or not, and if you are wrong then they are in danger.
    Thats what happened to Nugget, Tiger and Scratchy all Big Cats who ran out of luck while eating off the porch.
    Now if I see a Cat like that hes POOFED.
    I took in Tubster as there was no space for him elsewhere and I didnt want him to die too.
    Please if you can put out anything for that Tortie as she needs all the help that she can get. If you go to Pet Food Stores you can get free sample bags.
    We are praying for this poor hungry Cat, and all the homeless stray ones.

Very hard to sit back and watch hungry kitties, at least she does not sound like she is in bad shape, you cannot save them all, but just do the best you can, if you can provide a little extra food, then do so, but remember if you move on she will be left not having that extra food, so be careful about your decisions,is there not a shelter close by , a no kill one that might beable to take her, otherwise ask around and see if she does indeed belong to someone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Emily, sorry I don't remember exactly...but did you say in an earlier post that you've had difficulty getting help from local rescues? Because that would be my first suggestion.

The rescue that I used to volunteer for would come out and help out in a situation like this. They trapped many cats at a trailer park and also went door to door to talk to the owners about responsibilities.

If that's not possible, then as Carole says...just do the best you can. Table scraps may mean the difference.

Thank you for caring.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good