Thread: New to Pet Talk today

New to Pet Talk today

I'm a first time dog owner and adopted my dog Mickey, from a great place called Old Dog Haven. They work in finding homes for older dogs. Mickey was either 8 or 9 when I got her and it was love at first sight. I'm a lifelong cat owner so it took some time for me to figure out what do you do exactly with a dog. That didn't take long though and I take her with me everywhere on the weekends. There's a huge state park a couple miles from my house where you can have the dogs off-leash (well, at least everyone does). There's always lots of great dog-owners there w/every kind of dog imaginable. The dogs get to romp around 6 miles of open forest and field.

I also have 2 cats currently, Charlie who is my big, orange tabby guy and Missy, my little black sweetie. I got Charlie from our local PAWS when he was 4 and Missy who is 3 from a couple who were splitting up. Charlie is all about the love and Missy is the talker and so sweet and a MAJOR drooler!

So hello to all in Pet Talk. Charlie was also Pet of the Day, Jan 3, 2005.
    http://catoftheday.com/archive/2005/January/03.html

Mickey, Charlie and Missy's mom

Welcome to Pet Talk, and thanks for introducing yourself, too! I'm Karen, one of the moderators, and my current pet is Miss Hoppy, the little brown bunny you see as my avatar!

Hi Karen

My niece had a rabbit, Toots, for 9 years until she had her put to sleep last summer. She was a beautiful and VERY shy little girl.

Welcome to PT! You will love it here. I can't wait to see pictures of you pets soon.

I'm Almita and i have Muneca and Chiquita. Both are shih tzus and Muneca is the daughter of Chiquita. I have two other dogs but they are now living with my brother who live an hour away. So i don't see them much anymore but he tries to bring them when he cans.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Hi Nancy, welcome to Pet Talk. Charlie is a handsome fellow. Can't wait to see your other two furkids. I have an American Eskimo mix, and in answer to your other thread I feel very guilty if I have to go out at night after having been at work all day. I try to find things to do on the weekends that Ginger can participate in too.

Hello, and Welcome to Pet Talk!

I actually had pet ownership the reverse of you! I came from a dog family. Living on my own in my apartment, for the first time in my life I got a cat. (This was about 12 years ago.) As he was a stray little orphan, I took him in to the vet's first thing the next morning. Vet checked him all over, gave him the first set of shots, told me when to bring him back for the second set and added, "meanwhile, just keep an eye on him and when you come back, let me know anything unusual that he does."

I blinked and replied, "he doesn't bark, he MEOWS! EVERYTHING he does is unusual to me!!!" Te hee.

Well, you will enjoy it here and find lots of great pet stories.