Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Splash Dogs (21'1"!!! Three new photos on page two, post 25!)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, wow! Finn did wonderfully today! He got second place in the pro finals today with a jump of 17'2"! But, the best part of the day was when he got his NEW personal best (and the best jump of the weekend out of all the dogs that competed!!!!). He jumped 21'1"!!!!

I couldn't be prouder of him! He did pull a muscle or something, though, although I'm not sure when and his last jumps (during the final four) weren't as good as they had been, which is why he only came in second. But, second is still awesome. We got a pretty red ribbon, a big bag of dog food, a fun toy that he hasn't dropped since we got home, and some treats that all the dogs have been snacking on. It was an amazing weekend!

He also caught the toy twice, which is great! He is really reaching for the bumper now and the jumps are looking great! We only got one photo of him jumping today, but it's one where he's wearing his vest. It's camoflauge, but that's all they had at the place we were at. It works really well. I didn't put it on him for the finals, though, because it had warmed up. Anyway, thanks for all the replies and well wishes!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Awesome jump! Atta boy! Way to go!

Yay!! Congrats to Finn!! Sounds like he deserves all that! Great job!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

YAY! GO Finn! I hope his pulled muscle gets better soon.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

congrats and fun pics!
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.

Way to go, Finn! I wish your event wasn't on Easter weekend, I would have LOVED to go We could have gone on Sat if hubby could get off work, but he wasn't able to, and we had several plans for Easter Sunday.

Sorry, Kari Let me know when the next one is, hopefully we'll be able to make it. Finn looks GREAT and I'm so happy he did so good...way to go, handsome boy!!!

Congratulations!

Well, Finn's feeling a little sore today but I think he wants to go to the "jumping place" again! He keeps going to his crate, which is where he goes in the truck when we go to the docks. He's still ready to go, even though his muscles are tired! I'm sore, too! Doesn't look like his leg is bugging him at all, so I think that's ok. He does have dead tail again (he got that when we went to the first event), but that's nothing serious. He just won't be able to wag his tail at full capacity for a day or two.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Leslie (adoremydogs), no worries. It was bad timing! I wish it hadn't been on Easter weekend, too. Next time!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

WAY TO GO FINN! The pictures are wonderful. He must really love the dock jumping, how cute him going to his crate.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Here are some photos from Sunday. It's so hard to get photos and when I don't have Finn with me, the photos I do get suck, so I haven't really tried to get too many, yet. Anyway...this first one is blurry, but I like it anyway. You can see his vest in the next two photos.

Flying high, I like how he got all tucked in.

Joy exemplified. (that's the toy he won yesterday, it's already broken in half!)

Thanks to those of you have kept up with our progress and have supported us! We are thinking of making tee shirts with a logo on it like "Team Finn" or "Finn's Fans" or something like that. I know David's mom would wear one! She's a huge fan of his! I'll be sure to let you guys all know if we do anything like that!

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Great pictures. Do they measure distance by where the front, or back feet, strike the water ? Finn has great form & looks like he enjoys himself.
    I'm sorry I'm just now answering you! They measure from the end of the dock to the point where the tail meets the body. I think in the Purina Dog Challenge "circuit", they measure at the nose. But, I know Dock Dogs and Splash Dogs both measure at the base of the tail.

Way To Go Finn!! :d
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Great job Finn!
    Congrats to you both!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Whoo-Hoo way to go Finn!!! You are a star. He looks so cute with his new toy. I'd wear a Finn's fan shirt if they aren't too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    Whoo-Hoo way to go Finn!!! You are a star. He looks so cute with his new toy. I'd wear a Finn's fan shirt if they aren't too expensive.
    I'll let you know if we are going to get anything together. We're even trying to see if there is someone who wants to sponsor us! We've seen a couple of competitors who have sponsors. It'd be great advertising for whoever does it, and it would certainly help us when we have expenses. Big dreams, I know.

Thanks everyone! I'm just so glad we are able to be a part of the sport. It's a blast.