Thread: Playful swat?

Playful swat?

Alright fellow cat nuts. I have a question for you... I have noticed a tendency in the furkids that when one is sleeping,or just lying about, another one will walk up, smack them a good one, and then walk away. Is this a domination thing or are they just screwung around? They all do it to one another among the three, and I remember my mum's cats used to all do the same thing. It seems like such an odd thing to do.

One Rock Star per household, lol! Yes it about the dominant cat. Accept no substitutes!

He he, that is too funy. Vita is my "queen," she rules this cat colony with an iron fist. She is the only one who does these things - and the others all accept it as her right as royalty!! She decides that a particular bed is HERS, and the occupant has to move. Swat! Hiss! Bop! The occupant leaves. And Vita returns to where she WAS sitting before! She doesn't wan tto use it now, but she wants it known that it is hers. Sometimes Chestnut gets walloped for "what he was thinking." Goodness knows what he was thinking, but Vita didn"t approve.

It is comical to watch, as none of mine ever challenges her or swats her back.

VITA IS A PETITE LITTLE LADY AND THE SMALLEST CAT HERE!!! But she does have the large head of an alpha cat.

That Vita surely looks imposing in her picture! I can't say I wouldn't move myself if she wanted my chair!

That sounds like a question from someone who doesn't have siblings!
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

Aye, but I was the OLDER sibling! I just think that it's weird that they ALL do it to each other. Sleeping peacefully, or just stroling by and SWAT!

One Rock Star per household, lol! Yes it about the dominant cat. Accept no substitutes!
    That hits the nail right on the head! (never heard it put that way and I love it!) TRUE! TRUE! TRUE! I am seriously thinking of bringing Chester back for a visit to whip Kitty Boo into shape to show her she is NOT the top cat here and better quit picking on his sisters! That is what I am going to try next....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Playful Swat

I read your post and looked at Vita's picture. She definitely has that "I'm the boss look about her."

jani

I've got two "swatters."

Mohawk and Dandelion are the bossy kitties, the lie-in-wait kitties, and they are forever giving the older female cats total hell, esp. when the older females are sleeping. I have taken Angel and Freckles aside and told them that they have Mommy's permission to KICK THEIR BUTTS any time they want to. I wasn't too surprised to see both of them taking my advice to heart right afterwards, I even saw timid little Angel chasing big old goofy 15-lb. Dandelion around like he was a scared little kitten! And timid Freckles giving 13-lb. Mohawk a mighty swat and a screech that made him run like a little chicken!

Did I laugh out loud? Oh, yes, I did!
    I've been FROSTED !

Mandy SMACKS Mouse all the time. But, she runs after she does it.
    They BOTH want to be the top Kittykid.