Thread: Two new furbabies!

Two new furbabies!

I have the best Husband in the world! I came home from work a few days ago to find two 9 week old guinea pigs in my garden as a surprise present - they are so cute!

I've always been interested in guinea pigs and sadly had to have one of my girls put to sleep last year and then her sister earlier this year. They are of course playing nicely at the rainbow bridge together now, along with various other animals that I have had the pleasure of owning in my lifetime.

Anyway, I was quite shocked to find these two little boys (Pooh and Piglet) as my husband is always doing the "we've got far too many animals" rant......he loves them all really and obviously misses them when they are not around!

Pooh and Piglet are still getting used to their surroundings so I have avoided cuddles at the moment, however I don't think I can avoid it much longer!! They do let me rub their noses when I go out to feed them (or just to say hello!) which is a good sign...I think!

Has anyone got any tips for getting them used to being handled? It's been so long since I've had baby guinea pigs!!
    Mandy

Kittycats_delight (Michelle) thanks for the great signature!

Congrats on the new furbabies And also congrats on marrying a very great husband! I can't find any decent guy around where I live at all lol.

And Pooh and Piglet is definately the cutest names for guinea pigs. You should show us some pictures sometime so we can see how cute they are I haven't help guinea pigs much, but my friend had one and they are kinda like holding a new rabbit, you just have to keep holding them more and more for them to get use to ya and trust you

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures when they get settled!
    I love there names.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010