Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beads, beads, beads...

Beads, beads, beads...

I took a lesson this week on lampwork bead making. Basically playing with fire to melt glass rods into beads! I loved it!

These are the end result of my first session!

I've booked some more torch time for the weekend. The studio owner rents out her equipment sometimes. I just have to buy my own glass and pay an hourly fee. It's fairly expensive to set up properly. I'm hoping to get my own workspace set up at home soon though.

I just got a deal with a tourist store in Dawson City to sell my jewellery over the summer. Eventually not only will the pieces be made by me, but the beads will be as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

I've booked some more torch time for the weekend. The studio owner rents out her equipment sometimes. I just have to buy my own glass and pay an hourly fee. It's fairly expensive to set up properly. I'm hoping to get my own workspace set up at home soon though.

I just got a deal with a tourist store in Dawson City to sell my jewellery over the summer. Eventually not only will the pieces be made by me, but the beads will be as well!

They are beautiful. I didn't know you made jewelry. Do you have a
    brochure?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You made those in your first session? I am so very impressed! I've never tried lampwork myself, but I know enough about it to know that it ain't easy!

If you decide to sell individual beads, let me know--I'm a sucker for handmade glass beads, especially dichroic glass.

wow those beads are so pretty! I love them, wish I could make beads lol. Thanks for the pictures

WOW awesome. It is amazing what you can do with Lampworking. We have a lady that is making macaw's with lamp working for us. and cute little catepillars Lampworking isn't something I have tried yet... mostly because I am afraid I am gonna burn myself lol.

Have you ever done any Precious metal clay work? We are taking a class in that at the end of the month... should be fun. We want to do lampworking but we can't do it in the store because we don't have the ventilation for it.

I hope you had fun and you did a really good job.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

All I can say is...Wow! That is so Cool!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I've always wanted to make my own glass beads, I've always just made them out of polymer clay.

Nice job.. I can't wait to see more!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

You seriously need to talk to my hubby, he is the jeweller in the family. Those beads as a first time effort are AMAZING!!!!
    I will now retreat to my rocker and wool and needles!
    WOW, I am still blown away and sent this to Jas as an msn link.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Very nice!

I love lampwork beads. I buy them on ebay sometimes, with nothing in particular to do with them, just because they are pretty. I'm getting quite a jar full!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    Very nice!

I love lampwork beads. I buy them on ebay sometimes, with nothing in particular to do with them, just because they are pretty. I'm getting quite a jar full!

I was gonna mention ebay

There are always lots for sale on there and they go for a pretty penny a lot of the time.

There is a huge market for Lampwork beads.

Now how long would you say it takes to make one of your beads. The ones with the flower designs in them are very cool and look like they took a lot of work.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    Now how long would you say it takes to make one of your beads. The ones with the flower designs in them are very cool and look like they took a lot of work.

They took anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes. The more complicated designs took longer. Then they have to be kiln annealed for 24 hours. If they aren't annealed properly, the glass shatters very easily.

Beads, beads, beads...

Oh WoW those are so pretty.. How so neat & I would bet it is alot of fun..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

They are beautiful. I've never heard of this before and maybe others haven't either. This might help.

They are absolutely gorgeous! I can hardly believe that was a first attempt!

Beautiful work Tamara! Have you thought about selling them online? If not, will you share your creations with us and would you consider shipping??? to Canada??? the West Coast ???? Vancouver (specifically )

I love glass beads and very much want to see your creations ... it would be so to have a "Tamara-Original"

Please keep us informed

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu