Thread: I only met him once... but...

I only met him once... but...

I'm so sad and feel like such a baby!
    I visited my sister, who doesn't live near me. This particular visit was in the summer of 2005.
    They were dog-sitting this old lab mutt. Their owners found him on their doorstep years prior. He was well trained, but could never find who he belonged to, so they kept him. His name is Buddy.
    So I met him and he was so cute and sweet. He was feeling bad cause he wasn't in his home you know, but no one could explain to him. He did OK though, and was happy when his owners returned from their vacation.
    He was an old dog. I think around 9 years? So I know that is getting on in the doggy years.
    He was black with a white spot and kinda grayish looking. I know my sis had him bathed and nails cut. I guess the owners were lazy about it; however they did take pretty good care of him, and he was a happy dog. Inside mostly, loved his owners, they loved him too. I soooo wanted to take him home with me though!
    So today my sister wrote me and told me they are putting him down today. I'm sure he's got problems, after all he's at least 11 now, if not close to 12 years of age.
    I feel so sad, I started bawling! I still am as I write this! I see a dog for a few days nearly 2 years ago and it's making me so sad!!
    I wonder if I'll get to see him at the bridge one day.

I hope that you will see Buddy at Rainbow Bridge. He did touch your life and made an impression. RIP, Buddy. You were loved. Hugs to you.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I cry when ever I hear of an animal going to the Bridge. Even when I have NEVER met them. It's okay that you are sad. And yes, you will see him at the Bridge some day.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

When you have an immediate connection with a dog as you did, I think
    you will surely see him over the Rainbow Bridge. My RB dog was a Buddy
    too. Maybe they have already met. Sounds he really loved his people.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks guys, he was so sweet. He always wanted to be petted. My sister told me how the owner couldn't discuss much while he was at work because he would start crying too much. The kids are going to be crying too, well the whole family she told me, was very upset. I thought this was sweet cause the guy is usually kind of a "tough" acting sort of dude. It's great that a dog could be so loved. I wish I had a photo of him. I tried to get one and it ended up not coming out. Oh well I remember him anyway.

I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy. It must be so sad. Even though you saw him once, he touched your life. I am truely sorry. One day you will see Buddy again
    RIP Buddy! Good luck at the Rainbow Bridge and play hard now!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I think it is very sweet, Charlestongirl, that you felt moved enough to want to share this with others. It says a lot for you and it says a lot for Buddy. He was obviously a very special dog, who knew how to immediately connect with humans of all sorts. I feel certain you will see him again.