Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Cavalier King Charles

Free Cavalier King Charles

I see this ad on craigslist. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this girl? I am wondering what to make of this free offer!

I have an almost 2 year old female (Percy) Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (with papers) that needs a new home. I purchased her for $900 almost two years ago as a puppy and we just don't have the time she needs/deserves. She is healthy, friendly (too friendly), current with her shots and fixed.

Below is a picture of her when she was 1, she’s a little heavier now.

Only really inquires from good people excepted.

Anyone with cavy knowledge? I'd love to hear from you!
    Sandie

Mmm I dont know about this.. Somethings can always be to good to be true.. This person has papers & paid $900.00 && is giving this baby away?? I cant even imagine they have only had this baby for two years.. Why on earth didnt they think of the time needed & caring for this wittle one in advance.. Another Moron

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Cavaliers are prone to Mitral Valve (heart) disease, so I would be cautious.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Yup, I was just checking the AKC club web site site and got a list of what they are prone to - LOTS of stuff, including laxating patellas. I will deefinitely ask for a vet contact to see what was recently diagnosed, which may be prompting this. If they don't have a vet reference, I will likely ask for a check up before committing.

I hadn't seen one with these colors before. And it struck me as odd to be free as well.

Keep those comments coming, everyone!

In all honesty it doen't look pure to me or it could also be a byb or puppy mill dog. But your being very careful, so I am sure you will be able to decide.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I never knew anything about them, until my MIL got her little boy charlie! he is completely adorable, and such a sweetheart!They are prone to many health problems, as are most dogs. I do have to say, that they are an awsome breed! But so far, my MIL has had to deal with many ear infections, eye infections, and an intestinal problem, which keeps him on a special diet.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

This could be why they want to give this puppy away.. I would make sure to have his Vet's name & records noted in advance..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    In all honesty it doen't look pure to me or it could also be a byb or puppy mill dog. But your being very careful, so I am sure you will be able to decide.
    Ya I agree. He looks more like a Cocker Spanial or a Cocker mix.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    ditto!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Be very careful he doesn't look anything like a cav to me. I give lots haircuts weekly and he looks like a cocker more than a cav! If she has nothing to hide ask for details vet-wise as another member said. If she refuses then obviously something is wrong. If they are geniune they will do all they can to find her a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    I see this ad on craigslist. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this girl? I am wondering what to make of this free offer!

I have an almost 2 year old female (Percy) Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (with papers) that needs a new home. I purchased her for $900 almost two years ago as a puppy and we just don't have the time she needs/deserves. She is healthy, friendly (too friendly), current with her shots and fixed.

Anyone with cavy knowledge? I'd love to hear from you!
    Sandie
    I don't know how many times at work I've seen people come in with their $800 "purebred" puppy with "papers" and all they have is a random mutt with a sales contract. Let alone the people that claimed they purchased a puppy with all it's 'shots' only to find out they had the FIRST of the series only! Which reminds me of a sign I saw on our bulletin board today. "6 week old Chi, last one of the litter, only $400, PURE BREAD and pappered! I'm not joking on the spellings either, that's what the sign said! Made me just want to run right there and shell out $400...NOT.

All I know is if that guy did in fact pay $900 for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, then he got RIPPED OFF!!

Here are pix of REAL Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and they don't look anything like that pix you posted.

Looks like a Cocker (mix) to me. Cavy's have shorter snouts, as shown in the pix Catlady711 posted.
    Hmph, some people. I just don't get it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Personally -I would call or whatever, try to get the dog and worry about the rest after I knew the dog was safe!

Best case scenario - you have yourself a great dog.

Worst case scenario - you have kept a dog from a life as a uterus and get help with a rescue group finding her a forever home.

Be careful with Craig's List. There are a lot of scammers on there. I would still call and see if the dog is available and go check her out. She does look more like a Cocker Spaniel or a C.S. Mix. I do not see Cavalier in her. Good luck, let us know what happens please.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

She's a very cute little girl. As others have said, "free" could mean they want to pass on a dog with a whole lot of health problems - (free means for them, not for you.) "Buyer beware"