Thread: In memoriam - sweet Rose

In memoriam - sweet Rose

It's taken awhile to get past the tears and post this. My sweet Rose went to the RB in the wee hours of January 23rd. She was 8 1/2 years old.

Rose was my huggy dog, from the minute I first picked her up from a box of puppies in front of the Whole Foods grocery. As I held her, I told my SO to get my wallet from my pocket and give the man the $10 bill in it - we're taking this puppy home. She sat in my lap the whole way home and sometime in the trip, she told me her name: "I am Rose."

We knew Rose had a problem early in her life - she couldn't jump up like a normal dog. A vet visit confirmed she had hip dysplasia, and there wasn't much they could do for her. Later when she was five, she started having grand mal seizures. She was diagnosed with epilepsy and was also hypothyroid. Medication kept the seizures at bay somewhat, but occasionally they'd break through.

Rose was a very mellow dog and loved to be held and hugged. One of my favorite memories was of her sitting in the hollow between my legs as I sat on the floor crosslegged - she was my 60 pound lap dog.

Towards the end of her life, we knew we were faced with a difficult decision. Her hips had become so bad that she needed us to hold her up in a sling to go ouside, and she was often unable to stand on her own.

We had an ice storm the week before her death and were off work for a whole week. Rose got a lot of quality time with us that week. The following Monday we went to work, leaving her in her kennel with her buddy Miss Brown. That evening, she did not come out to greet us. She needed help getting out of the dog house. Once inside, she refused her dinner - very un-Rose like thing to do. As the evening went on, she grew weaker. We called the vet and made arrangements to bring her in in the morning.

At 11:30 that evening, I sang her her special song and told her goodnight. At 4:45 the next morning, I suddenly awoke. I listened for Rose's snore - there was silence. She was gone.

Rose was cremated and her remains put in a lovely oak box with her name tag on top and a photo of her on the front. Every so often, I look at it and sing her special song in my head. I'll always remember Rose.

I was going to attach a photo, but it's in the wrong format - just imagine a lab-shaped dog with a blue merle coat, yellow legs, and little yellow eyebrows - that's Rose.
    Joan

I'm so sorry for your loss of Rose. It is easy to see you loved her very much. She is at the Rainbow Bridge now and can run and play. One day you will be together again. Until then treasure the precious memories you have of her. She will always be a part of you and in spirit I'm sure, is always near you. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My heart breaks for you. A lot of us know your pain of losing our heart dogs. Rose had a lot of problems early on in life. Thanks to you, she had a wonderful one. I know she knows how much you loved her. You and she were blessed with something special. And though her physical presence is but no longer on earth, the bond may weaken, it will never break. She will always be with you. I know these words can't take away the pain (they didn't for me) but they do give comfort. I would be happy to host her photo for you. I'll pm you with my email address, ok?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Rest in Peace Rose We know you're playing hard at the bridge, sweetheart

I'm so sorry. What a lovely story you've written about her. You gave her the best life she could have ever had. Please find some small amount of comfort in knowing that. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

RIP, dear Rose.
    I am so glad that Rose found you. It was a match made in heaven. She had a wonderfully loving life with you. I know the pain you are feeling, but rest assured that Rose is again healthy and waiting for you (with all our PT RB furbabies). Till you meet again. Big hugs.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Well, Boomspeed is not cooperating right now. So sorry but I've got to do the pic as an attachment until I can access the site. Rose was a beautiful girl. She's the one on the right. I can see why she was, and still is, so special to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Run hard at that rainbow bridge sweet Rose, you are now free of pain and suffering. You will meet your momma again, one fine day. You will not be forgotten.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org