Thread: another newbie

another newbie

I just joined and wanted to say hello to everyone. I normally am not much on chat rooms but I really have enjoyed using this site as a resourse and seeing all the topics I know this is something I am going to enjoy.
    My name is Kim and I am in Missouri. I am very happily married and have 2 boys.... then the extended furry/fin edition is 3 dogs, 1 ferret, and many many fish (6 tanks)

I am actually from Missouri and getting ready to open a small pet store business and I am really excited about it. Hopefully that does not offend anyone. I plan on starting up in a few months (praying anyway in a few months) and what better place to get good advice and great ideas for the store then from pet lovers like myself.
    In case anyone has any good suggestions or ideas I plan on doing little critters such as ferrets, fish and small rodents. NO BIRDS OR REPTILES at this time...going to start out small. I want to make sure the pets I offer will be pets I know a lot about and have never been a reptile kind of gal. In the future yes maybe but I want to learn lots before I just jump into those. The town I am in has no pet store and I have to travel just to get Salt water fish food for my good looking fin friends. As I said before I really hope my being here does not offend anyone and not trying to sell anything just here to help myself learn more about some small animals and maybe get some helpful hints.

Hope to make many friends,
    Kim

Hello and Welcome to PT.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Hello & Welcome to PT!
    When you're ready to dive into the world of reptiles & birds, feel free to ask questions! Plenty of us here could help out. =]
    Any bird-specific questions you have, I'm be happy to help. Just PM me anytime!

Welcome to PT! I'm Bri.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

thanks so much

THANKS so much for the welcome arms.. I appreciate it. I have been looking through a few of the post and have posted a few..lol

There is some wonderful stories and sad stories here and already feel at home

I am looking for all kinds of new pet parents like myself so when I get this store up and running I will know who I can turn to for certain things or ideas. Its such a wonderful group from what I have seen.

I will for sure be coming here often.

I love the pets of the week and the pets of the day pictures. They are all so cute...glad I am not judging.

Welcome Kim!

I'd love to own my own pet related store.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Welcome to PT, Kim. Good luck on your store. I, myself have a rescue and soon hope to have a building. If you have any questions, I know a lot about mice, rats, cats, dogs, fish, and snakes.....not too much about birds. Good luck and post lots with tons of pictures!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    Hello and Welcome to PT.

Thank you so much Zippy, I have gotten lots of information and the support already seems overwhelming.. I hope I will be come friends with everyone and not be a pain in the behind.

I feel so welcomed by everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Welcome Kim!

I'd love to own my own pet related store.
    Well... I do plan on hoping to be up and running by the end of June or 1st of July as long as nothing gets in the way. I am so excited and I want this so bad I can taste it. I wake up in the morning with a new idea every morning. My husband gets upset now because I don't wake up with "morning honey" I wake up now going "OMG I decided on Coral as the color of the store" or I wake up saying I found the perfect name. He just laughs though..thank God he is understanding and is 100% behind my dream.

oh NOOOO another Johnnie fan

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    Welcome to PT! I'm Bri.
    Well Bri......... You girl made my day... not only are you in the pet chat you got a picture of my favorite guy in your message...
    I think we can become good pals.

You can never have to much Johnny!!!
    He just makes ya go hmmmmmmmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by finsnfriends
    Well Bri......... You girl made my day... not only are you in the pet chat you got a picture of my favorite guy in your message...
    I think we can become good pals.

You can never have to much Johnny!!!
    He just makes ya go hmmmmmmmmm!!
    Haha. Yeah. I'm a Johnny Depp-obsessor, as well as a Pirates of the Caribbean fanatic.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli
    Hello & Welcome to PT!
    When you're ready to dive into the world of reptiles & birds, feel free to ask questions! Plenty of us here could help out. =]
    Any bird-specific questions you have, I'm be happy to help. Just PM me anytime!
    Oh I am hiding your message... My sons have already planned it out that since I will have a pet store that they can now have a snake.
    Moms still unsure of those. I don't mind them I just don't feel comfortable enough about them to have them in the store until I am 100% read up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue
    Welcome to PT, Kim. Good luck on your store. I, myself have a rescue and soon hope to have a building. If you have any questions, I know a lot about mice, rats, cats, dogs, fish, and snakes.....not too much about birds. Good luck and post lots with tons of pictures!!
    I went to your website, I am actually in Missouri and looks like we are only about 4 hrs away from each other..NEAT! Once I get the store up and running maybe we could even work with each other. I am actually thinking about getting into "rescues" as well but just with the smaller animals. If your close enough maybe we could help each other when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    Haha. Yeah. I'm a Johnny Depp-obsessor, as well as a Pirates of the Caribbean fanatic.
    oh yeah... my mother in law actually goes with me to every movie he makes and that is our "mother / daughter time" and nobody is allowed to go. I can't wait til 3 comes out and "sweeny todd" I am so bad I am even a member of his little fan club on yahoo. haha!
    if interested will send you the info... always lots of good gossip and lots and lots of pictures and wallpapers.

Quote Originally Posted by finsnfriends
    oh yeah... my mother in law actually goes with me to every movie he makes and that is our "mother / daughter time" and nobody is allowed to go. I can't wait til 3 comes out and "sweeny todd" I am so bad I am even a member of his little fan club on yahoo. haha!
    if interested will send you the info... always lots of good gossip and lots and lots of pictures and wallpapers.
    Yes, please! I have a bunch of his movies, but there's also a lot I haven't seen.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan