Thread: Puppies a'comin'...

Puppies a'comin'...

Jaguar bred with Rogue the day before yesterday! Looks like we will have a nice summer litter. These two should compliment eachother very well. I was considering using Rogue for Visa, but I've decided to go for a different dog from the same lines so that Visa's and Jag's pups can also be suitable for eachother.

This is Rogue..

A couple pics of Jag I have not shown. She was very slow to mature both physically and mentally but she is finally coming into herself.

Anyways, pray the breeding was a good one!
    I've been BOO'd!

Both of them are beautiful! I hope everything works out perfectly, and everyone is happy and healthy in the end! Keep us updated!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

YAY! More puppies!!!! Hopefully these two will have more than one pup! BTW, How is that cutie Solo doing?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Rogue has such a gorgeous face!!! Those eyes! <3 Good luck!!
    R.I.P. Pidge, Oliver & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Sahkmet (the bunski)
    Brock, Alki & Royal (the beasts)
    Felix & Linus (the mewsons)

Brock - Royal - Alki

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

Seattle Dogworks Training and Education Studio

As someone who has a male Belgian and is just learning about the breed, I was wondering about titles and health clearances on these two.

Will definitely be praying the breeding is a good one... She is gorgeous!

What stunning dogs!

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by LilacDragon
    As someone who has a male Belgian and is just learning about the breed, I was wondering about titles and health clearances on these two.
    I didn't know you had a Belgian, where did you get him? I am always looking for my lines anywhere I can. They are hard to find. If you are ever curious about your dog's pedigree, feel free to ask me.

Rogue's titles include: OAC TN-N WV-N HTADI. His hips are OFA good, elbows OFA clear, eyes CERF clear.
    Jaguar is Can Ch pointed but not quite finished yet, will be next year. Should have her rally-o title by the time the pups are born. CERF clear, hips/elbows have been x-rayed, vet says clear elbows and likely good or excellent hips, but still pending with OFA. She has not been wrong yet!

BTW, How is that cutie Solo doing?
    Solo is good, his drive is way intense though. Another malinois in a black fur coat, just what I needed...lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul

I didn't know you had a Belgian, where did you get him? I am always looking for my lines anywhere I can. They are hard to find. If you are ever curious about your dog's pedigree, feel free to ask me.
    I got him from a local breeder. They were unable to show him in conformation so he was kind of "put on the back burner". IMHO - he is under-socialized and is going to need some work. The breeder wanted to find him a good home, so he lives with me. So far, he is wonderful. If I could just convince him that my pom isn't something he should try to eat.

I am still learning about the difference in temperment from what I am used to. I am so used to "hard" rottweilers that this "soft" dog has me looking for alternative methods of dealing with different issues. While I wouldn't think twice about grabbing my rottie girl if she had a little dog in her mouth, any physical correction on this dog shuts him down.

Anyway - before I hijack your thread any further - congrats on the expected litter and I can't wait to see pictures.

I am still learning about the difference in temperment from what I am used to. I am so used to "hard" rottweilers that this "soft" dog has me looking for alternative methods of dealing with different issues. While I wouldn't think twice about grabbing my rottie girl if she had a little dog in her mouth, any physical correction on this dog shuts him down.
    Softness is definatly a problem in Belgians these days... Wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't compromise the working ability. Jagaur is our softest dog, but being bred into these lines it is probably a good thing. Very high drive lines known for hard temperaments.
    I hate how Belgian temperaments are not what they used to be. I am unhappy that I will never be able to breed into typey lines as I fear temperament and health problems too much. My dogs will still win, but they will have coarser heads and bigger ears, so they won't win as much as the pencil-nosed dogs with tiny ears will. Standing for a judge is more important to me than looking nice for a judge. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself which of these dogs would be able to perform their original task, and if my dog is less than typey, so be it. I'm buying semen from a male in France who is incredibly non-show quality...but the temperaments and controlled drive he produces are amazing. Much more important to me at this point.

Don't worry about thread hi-jacking, I talk about Belgians whenever I can. lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

I was told that my Reni got his HIC, but I don't have a copy of it yet. As of right now, we are officially fostering him. I will be getting the rest of his paperwork in April.

Here is a picture of him. He has about a dozen white hairs on his chest and a tad of white shading on his back feet, but other then that he is a beautiful black. I am always stunned to see how elegant he looks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Aw, he looks like a sweetie. Visa has her HIC too -- she loves those sheepies, but I think secretly she would love to eat them lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

He is very sweet. Just this evening he decided that the most comfortable spot in the whole apartment to lay down was on my lap in my recliner!!

Ugh.. I don't need another Belgian.. I don't.. (do I?)

I hope they produce a nice, healthy sized litter!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    Ugh.. I don't need another Belgian.. I don't.. (do I?)

I hope they produce a nice, healthy sized litter!
    Of course you do! You need 2 Shelties and 2 Belgians. Ohh I can't wait , I love Belgian Groenendael puppies they look like bears.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee