Thread: Dog blamed for chewing off baby's genitals

Dog blamed for chewing off baby's genitals

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/art...fant27-ON.html

Dog tore off her baby's genitals, mom says
    Associated Press
    Mar. 27, 2007 02:21 PM

WEBSTER, Texas - A woman with a history of drug abuse says she woke up from a nap to find her miniature dachshund had torn off her baby boy's genitals. Authorities have doubts about her story, but exactly how the newborn was maimed is still a mystery.

Holden Gothia, now 7 weeks old, was found on a bed in his mother's suburban Houston apartment March 13, covered in blood. His genitals were severed and there was a deep cut in his upper leg.

He has been in critical condition ever since. He may never regain the use of his leg and faces years of operations, according to the boy's father, Camden Gothia.

Police, doctors and Child Protective Service officials told the baby's father that the injuries were not consistent with dog bites - the lacerations were too neat.

But Holden's mother, the only person who might have the answers, has checked into a treatment program and refuses to cooperate with police. No charges have been filed.

"In this case, all the investigators can do is go over photographs, trying to make determination based on what experts are telling us," said Houston police spokesman John Cannon.

Child-protection authorities said the 25-year-old woman had a history of prescription drug abuse and tested positive for cocaine and methadone the day after Holden was mutilated.

The mother's name has not been released, and the boy's father would not disclose it. The couple were living together but were not married.

Camden Gothia, a 36-year-old assistant supervisor at a chemical plant, said Holden was born healthy and drug-free, and for the first month of his life, the mother "was just glowing. She was head-over-heels in love with Holden."

But Gothia said he soon saw signs that his girlfriend was using drugs again, and the day before the maiming, he threatened to take the boy away from her.

"I called her mother and said she either gets help or I will remove Holden permanently. I was not going to take a risk with Holden," he said.

Instead, he said, he got a call from Holden's mother the next afternoon telling him to rush home.

He said he arrived at the couple's apartment to find an animal control van outside, Holden's mother in an apparent drug-induced stupor and blood covering the bed where the baby had been sleeping.

"Every emotion starts shooting through you - guilt that I wasn't there, thinking what I could have done differently every day prior to that," he said.

Gothia said the 8-pound dachshund, which he bought as a gift for Holden's mother, had never shown any aggressiveness and often slept nestled to the newborn.

He said he has been given permission by animal control authorities to take the dog home.

I cannot believe they haven't arrested the mother.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

They have DOUBTS about her story? GEE ya THINK. OH my gosh... that is terrible. I hope that woman is charged. Disgusting.

That poor child and poor dog for getting all the blame.... perhaps if she laid off the drugs she would have been a parent and been watching her child instead of "sleeping"

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

My goodness poor Child & father I hope the little guy will be ok

I'm glad they free'ed the dog, such a horrible thing to blame on a dog!

That's just awful...

My Goodness!!! What is wrong with people these days!! She needs to be arrested and charged!! Poor little boy,dog, and dad!! what a thing to have to go through!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Of course, blame the dog so you don't get in trouble. What a B****. She obviously doesn't care too much about her son. I hope the baby recovers.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Even if it were true, which I doubt, I'm thinking that there would have been excessive neglect of both dog and baby. I hope that neither of them will remain in the care or custody of that mother.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Thank you sparks19.. I could not said it any better.. Just so disgusting on the mother's part.. Did I say mother I Meant OXXCI MORON..
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    They have DOUBTS about her story? GEE ya THINK. OH my gosh... that is terrible. I hope that woman is charged. Disgusting.

That poor child and poor dog for getting all the blame.... perhaps if she laid off the drugs she would have been a parent and been watching her child instead of "sleeping"

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

OH MY GOD!! How could this crazy lady blame a dog for what she knows he did not do! How could she treat her child like that? Chose drugs first? Way to be a mom there lady!! You know, you need a license to drive, to fish, to operate a rescue, to own a dog and cat, but any STUPID MORON can have a child. I HATE STUPID PEOPLE. This is why I like animals better. I pray lil' Holden will be okay and live a normal life and they lock that nut bag up!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I wonder if she did that to her child because the father threatened to take him. I feel awful for that little baby. I feel badly for the father, too, but he should not have left the child in that woman's care once he noticed that she was using again.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    I wonder if she did that to her child because the father threatened to take him. I feel awful for that little baby. I feel badly for the father, too, but he should not have left the child in that woman's care once he noticed that she was using again.

I couldn't agree more....

UGH... I hope they lock this woman up for a long long time. 7 weeks old? GOD....

Sterlize her so she can never hurt another defenseless infant ever again.... grrr

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    I Sterlize her so she can never hurt another defenseless infant ever again.... grrr
    Excellent idea.

No charges have been filed??? OMG. Unbelievable. Attempted murder would be a good charge to start with, IMO. I don't care if she IS a drug addict.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    Excellent idea.

No charges have been filed??? OMG. Unbelievable. Attempted murder would be a good charge to start with, IMO. I don't care if she IS a drug addict.
    Hmmmmm.....forensics will sort it out. Once they have some sort of evidence against her...I think then the law will move toward her.
    Wombat

She has checked into a treatment program. Maybe after some time there, she WILL cooperate with police, and charges will be laid.

That poor baby...and her BF feels horrible - which one of us would EXPECT anyone we know to mutilate a baby like that? How could he have known?

What I mean is...it's the first time I have heard of a drugged up person doing that. There is something really wrong with her to begin with.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor child. He is going to need a lot of therapy in his life. His mother is an incredibly evil or ill woman. Animals are such better parents then a lot of humans.