Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kiri's latest vet check--update post #120.

Kiri's latest vet check--update post #120.

Kiri and Kacey are staying with a friend about an hour away from here until I get my living situation straightened out.

My friend just called. She had to rush Kiri to her vet. They're running tests now, but it could be kidney failure. And it's possible that she (and my other kitties) could have eaten some of the tainted food.

Please send my poor Kiri your healing thoughts. I don't have any way to get to the vet's (an hour away, no car), and I'm so afraid that I'm going to lose her and not even be able to say goodbye. I'm also horribly worried about whether it is food-related and whether any of my other cats might be affected.
    Last edited by Prairie Purrs; 04-28-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Prayers going out right now for your furkids that all will be well. A candle burns for you all.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The vet thinks she's in total kidney shutdown. They're going to try to treat her overnight and see whether it does any good. But there doesn't seem to be much hope.

O NO!!! Will keep Kiri and you very close in thoughts and prayers!!! I am so sorry to hear that tainted food might be the cause!!! Please take care!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

PT prayers for Kiri! Remember Pouncer? PRAYERS TO KIRI!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The Pet Angel Hospital Squad is there with Kiri comforting her , and helping her through the pain.
    If it is that Pet Food mess we hope that you can sue the people responsible for Kiris pain.
    Bust the first thing is to pray that Kiri will be all right, and taht the White Coats will be able to help Kiri out of danger.
    Prayers are coming from ALL OF US at the Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers being prayed, healing energies being sent, fingers and toes and paw pads all crossed in support of dear Kiri.

We are so very sorry you have this to contend with on top of everything else that's happened.

Love with hugs and nuzzles,
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Many prayers for Kiri.

Poor Kiri! I hope that the vet can do something to make her better! Can you get a friend to take you there???

Oh CID, you've got prayers coming your way.

HUGS

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers and healing thoughts on the way for Kiri.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

MORE PRAYERS...please, Creator, save Kiri and return her to the person she loves, so she can have the wonderful life in store for her! And to ease her owner's anxiety at such a troubled time in her life.

(When Pouncer was ill, I composed a little prayer off the top of my head...I hope no one finds this offensive. It's for Kiri and CID...and anything can only help!)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Kidney failure is a dangerous thing but it does not have to be the immediate end. In a crisis they usually get IV fluids and that may do the trick. later it's about sub-q fluids and you and your freind can learn to administer them yourself.

www.felinecrf.com

gives the best advise.

All the best for Kiri.

I'm so sorry to hear you have to deal with this on top of everything else. My thoughts are with and Kiri today.