The little cub was born last December in the zoo of Berlin, and he was abandoned by his mother after 4 days. His twin brother didn't survive, but little Knut was rescued by his animal keeper who hand-fed him and cared for him, and now he's 4 months old.

Knut was on the news all the time, as some animal activists wanted Knut to be pts. They argued that a bear raised by a human could never live a normal life. But I have to admit, this is the first time I'm happy that animal activists didn't get what they wanted.

Just look at him! Last Friday, he was introduced to the public when he entered his outdoor enclosure for the very first time. Journalists from all over the world were there, Knut is indeed the most popular German at this point! He has the ability to make everyone who looks at him happy. Some people who saw him exploring his new territory on Friday even cried tears of joy, that's how much he's touching everyone's heart.

Here, you can learn more about Knut.

I wish this little guy the best of luck and hope he'll always live a happy life!

Kirsten