Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godspeed, Mystic...

Godspeed, Mystic...

Mystic has been a part of my family for over half my life. When I was 15 and my sister was 14, we were at a community picnic when a tiny solid black kitten appeared demanding some of our lunch. We asked everyone at the picnic if they owned him. No one claimed him but one man said he'd "take care of it." Knowing that did not mean give him a good home, we came up with our plan. My sister has always been braver than me. I distracted our parents while Trish stole their car and drove the kitten to our house! We got in some serious trouble for that stunt, but the kitten got to stay!

He grew into a 15 pound black beauty. Affectionate, friendly, and a permanent part of our family. We lived in the boonies and Mystic was allowed outside. He lived a life full of adventure, which wasn't always a goof thing! He spent a week locked in a neighbor's travel trailer, got beat up by a duck and hunted the local squirrels into extinction.

When we left home, Mystic moved with Trish. He was with her through the suicide of her first love; her marriage; the birth of her children; multiple moves and most recently through a bitter divorce. The one constant in her world has always been Mystic. He adapted to change like no cat I've ever known. Nothing phased Mystic. He took everything in stride.

Recently Mystic started to loose weight and developed several ominous lumps on his sides. He was 18 and had cancer. No treatment options would have helped. He was allowed to live in luxury for as long as he was comfortable. Yesterday, he lost control of his bowels and suddenly went blind. The time had come.

Godspeed, ol' boy. You will be terribly missed. You were something else and the Mystic sized hole in our family will never be filled.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

RIP Mystic!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Mystic's passing. It sounds like he had a wonderful life. RIP sweet Mystic.

Rest in peace, Mystic. And your human, Trish, will now have a furever guardian angel, and especially when the black clouds come, she'll know you're watching over her. Shine on at the Rainbow Bridge, Mystic - and say hi to my buddy Tyler, he just got there two. It's okay - he knows to respect kitties.

Mystic....how wonderful you were loved and got luxury in your last weeks...and were allowed to pass peacefully on, helped to the Bridge.

Rest in the sunshine and green grass there - whole and healthy, and chasing the squirrels again!

My condolences to you and Trish, Tamara....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear Mystic... you sound like you lived a wonderful life, with people who cared very much for you. How thankful you must have been, and how thankful they must have been to have had you.

Play hard at the bridge dear boy! Keep a look out for my newbie up there too, Alex. He is a sweetie, and being a black cat as well, I know he'll love to be your buddy!

Mystic, you life has been a wonderful story full of life and adventure. Now you'll be waiting at Rainbow Bridge for your human family.

Godspeed Mystic, have fun at the bridge with all your new and old kitty friends, you will be a favourite there

Mystic, you must have been magical in this world. May you be remembered with fondness, and the memories help your hoomans through this time. RIP, sweet fella.

R.I.P. sweet little angel Mystic.

I'm so sorry!

Mystic, you've been blessed with a very long life full of joy and love. Now you're young and whole again at the Bridge!

R.I.P. sweet kitty!

Kirsten

What a wonderful, adventure filled life Mystic led! Beat up by a duck. Priceless! That made me giggle in spite of the fact that he's now at the RB. He sounds like he was quite a fella. And was he ever handsome! Play hard at the bridge, boy. I'm sure you will, given the life you led on earth. You'll greet your human one day and you'll both know joy. A candle burns for you both.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mystic you still are a constant in your human's lives. They will always remember you and that will give them comfort, even if you aren't there with them. It's hard to get old, and it was time to renew.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Mystic

Mystic, it sounds like you had a wonderful and long life, and quite a few adventures too. It is sad to hear it was time for you to go, but I know you will be in your family's hearts forever.

Rest in Peace, dear Mystic.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry about Mystic.He lived a long happy life and is and will be alwas loved.(((HUGS))))
    Rest In Peace Mystic
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010