Thread: Labradoodle in VA

Labradoodle in VA

Okay, well how do I get this started...I have a friend in VA that has a 2-year-old labradoodle. I warned her that it was not going to be the same as her other dog, her previous dog was an older smaller rescued dog(who already had all her manners) and that a puppy is a whole different ballgame and that she was looking at at least a 65+ pound dog. But hey they're cute. I have been hearing for a long time about how bad he is and he does this and he does that. They have tried working with him but he is to "hyper". Her and her husband just do not have the time to give him for training and socialization. He is not even completely housebroken and spends too much of his time crated as he is "hyper" and not completely housebroken and they have two small children that they fear will be hurt due to his jumping. He is beautiful from the pics I had seen in the past, chocolate in color and smoother coated more like a regular lab. They purchased him at about 4 months old from a breeder that kept him kenneled outside. (He had already been returned to the breeder once by other lady.) Needless to say that being he had been allowed to potty in a kennel it meant he was very hard to crate train because that was what he was use to doing. He had some bladder thing also when he was younger(that I believe he has grown out of now) that made him pee all the time, even after he was just outside to go he would go again in the house. They just recently had another baby and the dog is either closed outside, with little interaction due to his "hyperness" or closed down in the basement in a kennel for fear of the baby being pounced on. He does not get enough human contact. I have just received an email from her telling me it was okay to post him on this site to hopefully find him a forever home that has the time and patience to teach an overgrown puppy manners. The dog definately needs a new home where he will get the attention he deserves to become the dog he is meant to be, he just has no manners from what I gather due to lack of time for interaction and behavioral training. If there is anyone out there that thinks they can help I will definately pass on the information. He is UTD on shots and is neutered. Thanks.
    Last edited by WELOVESPUPPIES; 03-22-2007 at 09:46 AM. Reason: owner on board with finding home:)

Here's a link:

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IN340.html

I'll refrain from commenting.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Here's a link:

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IN340.html

I'll refrain from commenting.

no need to refrain....I will pass this info on to her.

Grrrrrrr Why do people get animals if they don't want to give them proper time/training/loving? When are they going to get that they aren't pieces of property to be taken out and looked at when they feel like it. I'm so sick of kids being used as excuses for animals behaving badly.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I pray he's found a loving home with a family that at least has a little bit of brain matter in their head.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome