Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Dad

My Dad

It is with a heavy heart that I let you know that my Dad passed away due to complications of terminal cancer this morning at 6:47am.

Many of you reading this note, will not have known he had cancer or was sick.

His initial cancer was in the Prostrate, and Radiation “cured” that one. However, about 6 months later, he had trouble swallowing, and a gastroscopy found cancer in his esophagus as it enters his stomach. That cancer was treated with radiation and chemo ……. he got very sick, but started to recover slowly. He started to go back downhill again around Christmas, and they did some more blood tests and a bone scan. The cancer markers had gone up, and they thought the cancer MAY have spread to his bones.

During January and February, he was in and out of hospital, on saline drips as he could not keep food or water down. On the 25th February, my Mum took him to Emergency in the morning, and they admitted him to Palliative Care, and “treated” his pain with morphine. They subsequently discovered that the cancer had spread to his lymph nodes and his liver, and they were pretty confident that it had finally spread to his bones. The morphine doses steadily increased, as the pain was getting worse and worse … for the last week, he was not able to talk to us, but he knew we were there.
    This morning when the hospital called us and told us to come as soon as possible as he was deteriorating, we got there to find him awake, and waiting for us to say goodbye - with his eyes. He still could not talk to us ..... and we understood, and held him until he passed on.

In a good way, I am glad he has passed away, and no longer has pain. But in a selfish way, I am not, and wish he would have been here forever.

I love you and will miss you so much Dad.
    YOUR daughter
    Tumsch (his name for ME)
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I am so sorry.

I'm so sorry.

Cancer is always a tough thing for everyone to go through. At least you can take some solace in knowing he is pain free and whole again. I send prayers for you and your family in this difficult time.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I"m so sorry to hear. You'll be in my thoughts.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

i am so sorry for your loss
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. Just try to remember that he is in a better place.

-hugs-

Oh my dear, I am so sorry. Your dad sounds like he was a true fighter. And I know that having the support of all of you helped him so much.

Logan

I am so so sorry. You will be in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry to hear this. How difficult it must have been to post this news so soon. My heart breaks for you. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Rest in peace, sir, your pain is over.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. My deepest sympathies.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

13. Godspeed to your father, Captain. And my deepest and sincere condolences to you and your family.

Oh, Captain, I'm so very sorry. Nothing else in the world will ever be like our daddies to us.

My dad is almost 82 and also has prostate cancer. I can't even think about losing him. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

Godspeed, Captain's Daddy. Smile down from heaven.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I am so sorry!
    My thoughts/prayers are with you and yours.
    (((HUGS)))

----<---<--<{(@