Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question of the day November 24th!

Question of the day November 24th!

Do you buy off the internet? If so what type of items do you buy. Are there any items you would be reluctant to buy? Have you had any negative experiences buying this way?

I buy mostly electronics or electrical supplies. I would not buy shoes or clothing that would outwise be hard to fit. I have had only minor problems with shipping, most of my purchases have been positive.

Oh yes I buy A LOT online

shoes and clothes for me I don't because I can be hard to fit. but for hannah I do. I know her size and I will buy larger if I'm not sure so she will grow into it.

I also buy a TON of stuff from etsy.... all my christmas gifts so far have come from there. AMAZING handmade gifts that are so unique.

books, some electronics, and other thigns I buy online if I can't find it cheaper elsewhere (factor in shipping)

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I but online often and *knock on wood* I haven't had any bad experiences.

As for things I buy:
    NASCAR tickets, clothing, hats & die-cast. Perfume, CDs, etc...

I think I'd be reluctant to buy a car online.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I've bought a lot of things online. Mostly pet related. I've bought from...
    Petsmart
    Foster and Smith
    Cafe Press (pet print t-shirts)
    ebay
    Avon
    In the Company of Dogs
    The Animal Rescue Site
    various other 'cool stuff' catalogs.
    Never really had any problems. No more than I have from buying from a store locally.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I love buying stuff online although my mom is reluctant to let me sometimes. I haven't bought something online in awhile, the last thing I bought was a T-shirt that said "got puggle?" off amazon. I am going to be buying two books off Amazon soon, because I refuse to spend $30 on a PAPERBACK in borders.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I buy a lot on line. A good deal of what I have bought for Christmas this year, has been internet purchases. With free shipping or a flat rate, it's cheaper and less of a hassle than trudging around, store to store, to find what you're looking for.

Things I buy - just about anything.

Pet meds and food
    Books
    Clothes, Birkenstock sandals, handbags
    Jewelry
    Small appliances
    Quilts/comforters
    Electronics
    Collectibles

About the only thing I stay away from is food. I once bought a Cajun turkey breast from QVC, but shipping costs really put the price up too high.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I've bought everything from 3 yards of ribbon to a gokart on Ebay. I also love Walmart.com because lots of items can be shipped to your local store for free. Walcks4wd.com for Willys Jeep parts, and that's about it for me.

I do every once in a while, like my business cards. But on a regular basis, nah.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I buy things online quite frequently. The town I live in is so small that our walmart (which is our only convenient store) doesn't always have everything I am looking for. I mainly purchase things online from Ebay, Pacsun, ThinkGeek, etc. I have never had a bad experiance so far, and it is much more conveniant than driving an hour to a larger town.

As for things I wouldn't buy online, like Anna, I wouldn't buy a car... Or a house. I am also reluctant to buy electronics unless I am buying straight from the actual company.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

I'm not a big shopper all around so I do not buy online very often. The last thing I can remember buying online was probably Taggarts stocking last year right after we got him. Oh, I just bought tickets online for our trip to Alcatraz on Dec 5th, if that counts.

However, Bruce is a BIG online shopper. If he wants/needs anything he does his research to find the best possible price. He is a big ebay shopper/seller too. The items he buys are usually music equipment or beer brewing things.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

All I've bought online is flight tickets. I would never buy shoes or clothes - I want to feel the material and make sure they fit.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I do not buy anything off the internet. If the site shows a phone number I could call, I would rather do that. Don't want my credit card numbers anywhere on the Net. Just don't trust it and forget Pay Pal, no way would I ever use that.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Oh yes I buy all the time.. I buy mainly off of E-Bay.. Have bought from of course Cafe Press & Collections & a few other places.. I buy all kinds of stuff from E-Bay = like Cat Stuff & stuff for me & just bought Susan Boyle's New CD..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Buying on line is "dangerous" -- to my wallet! They have made it SO easy, click here, click there, over to Paypal and DONE. Wait, did I just spend THAT MUCH?

Ebay is a big place for me. I wish I could STAY AWAY lol.
    Petedge is as well.
    And Amazon

I buy most of my pet supplies (not litter, the shipping makes it too expensive), gifts, pots and pans. Not clothes for me. Dad loves Haband items so his clothes get purchased on line.

Other faves:
    Miles Kimball
    Lillian Vernon
    Walter Drake
    Starcrest

That Pet Place
    JB Wholesale (pets)
    Jeffers Pets

To those who say you wouldn't buy a car online - why not? Paul bought his car over the Internet, so he didn't have to do any negotiation in person, or get subjected to the "hard sell" for thing he didn't need. Just did everything online, got the car and color he wanted for a good price, and all he had to do was go pick it up, and sign his name!

I have bought online, books and other items. Clothes and shoes are too tricky, but for electronics, often the best prices are online.
    I've Been Frosted