Thread: Cat Box Issues!!

Cat Box Issues!!

My two lovely Kitties, seem to have OCD when it comes to their litter box! They go in, do their business, and spend the next 10 minutes(not kidding)covering up the deed! The cat box is in our small bath, that we dont use right now,due to our remodeling. The bathroom is right next to our bedroom. And everynight, just as we come in to go to sleep, this routine begins! It is driving me insane! we are seriously considering moving the cat box to the downstairs, but would haave to do more construction to make the area, Dog-proof!

Why must they spend ten minutes, covering??? They have both done this since day one, with Loki on his own, it wasnt too bad. But now that Mocha does the same thing, it is quite loud, and downright bothersome.

Does anyone elses cats do this? Or am I the only special Kitty owner, with OCD cats!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Mine do it too!
    And Scooter usually waits until we're about 10 minutes away from getting up in the morning, so we have to listen to him scratch for those 10 minutes!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    Mine do it too!
    And Scooter usually waits until we're about 10 minutes away from getting up in the morning, so we have to listen to him scratch for those 10 minutes!
    Exactly!! geesh!! WTH! I am slowly gong insane! he he he he! darn kitties are Lucky I love them to Pieces!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

When Taz and I lived in a little studio apartment he did the same thing!! I would always tell him to STTOOOOOOPPPPPP!!!! I have no idea if he still does it since the cat box is on the other side of the house. Sometimes I'll hear him scratching, but since I am awake it doesn't bother me that much.
    I'm sorry the kitties are making you crazy....but you are critter crazy!! LOL
    (sorry, bad attempt at a joke. )
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    When Taz and I lived in a little studio apartment he did the same thing!! I would always tell him to STTOOOOOOPPPPPP!!!! I have no idea if he still does it since the cat box is on the other side of the house. Sometimes I'll hear him scratching, but since I am awake it doesn't bother me that much.
    I'm sorry the kitties are making you crazy....but you are critter crazy!! LOL
    (sorry, bad attempt at a joke. )
    Ha ha ha ha!! Yes Indeed I am Critter Crazy!! I am contantly telling them to stop digging to China! But they dont seem to listen!
    Our new plan is this, Hubby has to put up a wall downstairs, to block off the water heater(such an eyesore) and was gonna put in a Man sized, access door, we are going to be Installing a Kitty door, at the bottom, so the kitties can get in, but the doggies cannot. Hubby seems to like my plan, so we just have to see how long it takes for him to do it!
    I am sure this Scratching behavior will get him Highly motivated!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

I know that can be exasperating to dig the Cats dig , dig and dig some more.
    They are little beavers dig, dig and dig some more.
    Especially when you are trying to concentrate on something else.
    The thing is that they are doing thier best to hide the bad odor.
    They mean well.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    I know that can be exasperating to dig the Cats dig , dig and dig some more.
    They are little beavers dig, dig and dig some more.
    Especially when you are trying to concentrate on something else.
    The thing is that they are doing thier best to hide the bad odor.
    They mean well.
    Oh believe me, I know they mean well! I am thankfull, that I have good kitties!

I have had cats in the past, that just never got the whole Cover it up when done routine!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

I have the litter boxes with the hoods. The cats scrape at the HOOD, so not only do I get the lovely noise, but they DON'T succeed in covering!!!!

Careful when movng litter boxes, especially if there is still construction work going on. They may not like the new location - too noisy, te hee!

I have boxes with the hoods as well some without. They scratch the hood, the wall, the boxes, whatever their paws can reach, they scratch and scratch and scratch. My litter box room is also next to my bedroom, so yeah, I get to hear the scratching day and night. I also get to smell the poopies too. ICK!!!

One thing I did find out was that I could NOT put the little swinging door on the hooded boxes. I figured they weren't that special ed and they'd figure out that the door went both ways, but NOPE!!! Everytime I went in to clean, those boxes had NOTHING in them!!! I finally just said, oh the heck with the door, and took them off. My cats are just not the brightest crayons in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    I have boxes with the hoods as well some without. They scratch the hood, the wall, the boxes, whatever their paws can reach, they scratch and scratch and scratch. My litter box room is also next to my bedroom, so yeah, I get to hear the scratching day and night. I also get to smell the poopies too. ICK!!!

One thing I did find out was that I could NOT put the little swinging door on the hooded boxes. I figured they weren't that special ed and they'd figure out that the door went both ways, but NOPE!!! Everytime I went in to clean, those boxes had NOTHING in them!!! I finally just said, oh the heck with the door, and took them off. My cats are just not the brightest crayons in the box.
    Loki did great with the hooded box with the little swinging door on it, from day one. However Mocha has yet to figure that one out, so the Door stays off.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

My Pidge does that but she scratches the inside of the litterbox and hardly covers anything. And she does it loudly. And long. It sounds like "Bang! Bang! Bang!" It used to make (RB) Peeka crazy and I swear you could see steam coming out of her ears, she'd get so angry! That's when she'd wait for Pidge to come out of the litterbox, then Wham! She'd pounce.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11